"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James royal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wouldn’t that go between the HVAC harness and the bezel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought so but I dont see anything on the harness for it to plug to. There is one longer style plug in for the HVAC and emergency flashers on the stock radio. One the t style they give this other plug adapter as well

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I thought so but I dont see anything on the harness for it to plug to. There is one longer style plug in for the HVAC and emergency flashers on the stock radio. One the t style they give this other plug adapter as well
Right now I think that is extra. Your firmware is very outdated though. I can point you to updated firmware but you flash it at your own risk...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Right now I think that is extra. Your firmware is very outdated though. I can point you to updated firmware but you flash it at your own risk...

By extra I meant I don't think you need that extra adapter. Can you take a picture of the plug faces on that adapter?

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
I'm really getting this thing dialed in now. Last thing to work on is the Bluetooth microphone, I tried to replace the onboard mic but I'm getting no audio...I also got the theme to match the dash gauges pretty well.

Any insight on the microphone would be appreciated.71a6a81c31019cb5a2a5170542bdf26f.jpgfbcecd1ba4c9a097a59406a03accba5c.jpg

Hi,

I have the same radio in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and with Bluetooth microphone issue. I searched the web and your post popped up. Bluetooth connects fine, I can call people, I can hear them but they can’t hear me talk back. I downloaded some recording apps and I get nothing on the recording which indicates that the problem is with microphone.

Do you have same problem after replacing your microphone? Then this indicates something else is wrong right? Any suggestions?

Also, where can I go to get my radio firmware updated and how do I begin to customize like you did :)

Do you also have issues when the radio won’t work/play music and you have to turn off car to get the unit restarted? Happens on about every 10th time. I’ve learned to live with it bc I like the rest of the unit.

Thanks much!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi,

I have the same radio in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and with Bluetooth microphone issue. I searched the web and your post popped up. Bluetooth connects fine, I can call people, I can hear them but they can’t hear me talk back. I downloaded some recording apps and I get nothing on the recording which indicates that the problem is with microphone.

Do you have same problem after replacing your microphone? Then this indicates something else is wrong right? Any suggestions?

Also, where can I go to get my radio firmware updated and how do I begin to customize like you did :)

Do you also have issues when the radio won’t work/play music and you have to turn off car to get the unit restarted? Happens on about every 10th time. I’ve learned to live with it bc I like the rest of the unit.

Thanks much!
My Bluetooth microphone issues still exist. The hazard lights button dies nothing now too which leads me to suspect the internal cable or the board itself which has both the microphone, hazard lights, and reset button on it.

Send a picture of your system version screen and I can point you to a version of firmware.

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I replaced my microphone and have managed to get better quality from doing so. Simply unsolder the stock microphone on the breakout board (hazard button, reset button, and microphone), I ran my new one up to the same spot in the headliner that the stock uconnect microphone is.

I just wish I could get the temp to display right(displays as 100 degrees + as of now) , I also have HORRIBLE FM/AM radio reception but only ever use sirius and spotify now anyways.

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
My Bluetooth microphone issues still exist. The hazard lights button dies nothing now too which leads me to suspect the internal cable or the board itself which has both the microphone, hazard lights, and reset button on it.

Send a picture of your system version screen and I can point you to a version of firmware.

It does sound like it’s the board or something Might be loose. Hopefully we find a solution soon.

6B00703A-184D-43FA-BE40-A259164F9C05.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I replaced my microphone and have managed to get better quality from doing so. Simply unsolder the stock microphone on the breakout board (hazard button, reset button, and microphone), I ran my new one up to the same spot in the headliner that the stock uconnect microphone is.

I just wish I could get the temp to display right(displays as 100 degrees + as of now) , I also have HORRIBLE FM/AM radio reception but only ever use sirius and spotify now anyways.
What firmware version are you using?

James royal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
By extra I meant I don't think you need that extra adapter. Can you take a picture of the plug faces on that adapter?

15433216663233854604730831162296.jpg

This is the plug faces. Hate I might have to scrap this whole radio because I cant get HVAC to work

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
View attachment 147612

This is the plug faces. Hate I might have to scrap this whole radio because I cant get HVAC to work
I just had a similar issue. The settings for HVAC are in the "hidden" menu. In settings select the system version tab. Press and hold the information box displayed until the number pad is displayed to enter a numeric password. Enter in 7890 for the password and ok/enter. On the following menu select the system tab from the left column and scroll down near the bottom. Ensure the last three settings are set like the picture below (the most important being Air Supplier).
78da82e6dd1bec8127b3b3a9358ca858.jpg

James royal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had a similar issue. The settings for HVAC are in the "hidden" menu. In settings select the system version tab. Press and hold the information box displayed until the number pad is displayed to enter a numeric password. Enter in 7890 for the password and ok/enter. On the following menu select the system tab from the left column and scroll down near the bottom. Ensure the last three settings are set like the picture below (the most important being Air Supplier).

Yeah I have those settings correct idk what's going on...

James royal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah I have those same settings so idk what's going on. On the rpm and speed display I'm not getting anything either.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I have those same settings so idk what's going on. On the rpm and speed display I'm not getting anything either.
Did your radio come with the CANBUS adapter for your truck (little rectangular box that plugs into the main harness)?

James royal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did your radio come with the CANBUS adapter for your truck (little rectangular box that plugs into the main harness)?

Yes it did. My buddy had it initially in his 2013 and I got it from him. I have a 2018 so idk if that is creating an issue but the radio is supposedly good from 2013 to 2018

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes it did. My buddy had it initially in his 2013 and I got it from him. I have a 2018 so idk if that is creating an issue but the radio is supposedly good from 2013 to 2018
When you click on the HVAC bar, what does it look like? Blank?

Your firmware is outdated. I would start with a newer firmware flash. All of the ones I have access to are rooted versions but very stable...

James royal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you click on the HVAC bar, what does it look like? Blank?

Your firmware is outdated. I would start with a newer firmware flash. All of the ones I have access to are rooted versions but very stable...

Honestly when I click on it it lights up(comes on) but no air. I can even hear the click when turning to max but it's like the fan wont come on. Can you give me direction on updating the firmware

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Honestly when I click on it it lights up(comes on) but no air. I can even hear the click when turning to max but it's like the fan wont come on. Can you give me direction on updating the firmware
Yes, give me a bit. I'm driving home soon.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, flashing is simple. PM me your email address and I'll give you a link to my Google drive with the latest (rooted) firmware for your radio. Be advised that the firmware has been modified, but was done so by a talented developer who knows their stuff. That being said, you flash this at your own risk (as do we all)...this particular firmware seems to boot faster and is very stable.

First, you'll want to use the file manager on the radio itself to navigate to "Device\System\App" folder and copy the "customer.xml" file there to a usb drive and keep that original file somewhere safe. It's also not a bad idea to take pictures of your settings (or somehow make note of them) prior to flashing.

To flash take the "update.img" file provided and place it on an empty flash drive formatted FAT32. Insert that drive into your USB hub and you will be prompted to install. Select "install" and let the radio perform the update. When completed the radio will reboot and you can remove the USB drive once it is completely booted back to your home screen.

Here is a video for what the process looks like...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Looking back at your system info, it appears your MCU version is older too. I think it's possible to update that as well, but first you should try going through the different Air supplier settings to see if one of those works. You will need to reset your radio after each change.

James royal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking back at your system info, it appears your MCU version is older too. I think it's possible to update that as well, but first you should try going through the different Air supplier settings to see if one of those works. You will need to reset your radio after each change.

Will do! Thanks for all the guidance.