"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well that sucks....lol
There is a forum called 4PDA (it's in Russian so you may need Google Translate). If rooted firmware becomes available it likely will come from there and be posted in the sticky.

In addition, there is a Russian developer who goes by ShIvaDest in the forums. He makes custom rooted firmware for these and "might" make one for the PX6 in the future. I believe it's $100 for his firmware.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So what's the word on these radios? I see that people have lost favor with Phoenix, who is the preferred vendor now? How are these with longevity? Are the new style (px6?) a faster boot?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Holdej01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has the mic changed on the PX6? I guess what I’m trying to ask is how is the mic on the head. And any updates on the 12.1? I have the 8.4 but not the auto climate. I’m wondering how the climate control will work with the 12.1 with no manual control knobs.

SteveLabus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has the mic changed on the PX6? I guess what I’m trying to ask is how is the mic on the head. And any updates on the 12.1? I have the 8.4 but not the auto climate. I’m wondering how the climate control will work with the 12.1 with no manual control knobs.

Never had any complaints or problems with the PX6 mic.
Asked a couple people right after I installed it and everyone said it was clear and clean.
Dunno about the 12.1 systems, but I don't miss my manual controls at all.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is False information. Mine is px6 and is rooted.
Did you root it yourself or did a Russian developer aka ShIvaDest sell you $100 US custom firmware as I mentioned above?

Last edited:

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you root it yourself or did a Russian developer aka ShIvaDest sell you $100 US custom firmware as I mentioned above?

Yes. You have to root In order to use the software. I have a px6 with Carcool

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes. You have to root In order to use the software. I have a px6 with Carcool
Yes ShIvaDest gave you rooted software for the PX6 or yes you have your own root method?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes. He provided root method and the firmware. 2 step process.
Why not just direct them to him to purchase his work then?

Thanks for letting us know the guys at 4PDA figured out root and have custom firmware for the PX6. You are the first to report this.

ShIvaDest can be contacted on XDA or 4PDA. I believe this is his Facebook page too for those looking for his root method and firmware.

https://facebook.com/groups/1781126328861799

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why not just direct them to him to purchase his work then?

Thanks for letting us know the guys at 4PDA figured out root and have custom firmware for the PX6. You are the first to report this.

ShIvaDest can be contacted on XDA or 4PDA. I believe this is his Facebook page too for those looking for his root method and firmware.

https://facebook.com/groups/1781126328861799

Because it was very confusing to continue on with a thread when you already gave false Information. I find it completely irresponsible as a Senior Member to give out any type of information without doing some fact finding. I wanted to reach out to the individuals who was asking for that information just to ensure that was that was indeed what they were looking for. Has nothing to do with hiding information as I, in a previous post, have provided examples of a working rooted firmware.