"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Lol, can't tell you how many Xboxes I "baked" in my day.

I suspect you are right. I don't have any pictures under the heatsink but I did take pics of the first board I received...bd252f995d106964f46b24cfffae546c.jpg15e41f78f792b80bb41a0b1efa309ebd.jpge0b87ecaa27a672758edc7174ebf6657.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Lol we have all been there!!! RIP the towel trick....

When I receive my unit I'll try and track down the SOM board name & the MCU chip we have. The MCU shouldnt be on the SOM, but if we have the SOM board type + MCU, we should be all set to do some really cheap PX6 upgrades. Sounds like Phoenix has the same idea for some upcoming RAM releases. :) I am surprised how they allowed you both to update to 7.1 board manually. Did either of you notice a speed increase? It seems as though they may have used different processors (still a Px3, quad core, 1.6ghz, but a newer PX3 model # to support sleep mode) I would not be surprised if the entirely new SOM came with some other efficiencies.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lol we have all been there!!! RIP the towel trick....

When I receive my unit I'll try and track down the SOM board name & the MCU chip we have. The MCU shouldnt be on the SOM, but if we have the SOM board type + MCU, we should be all set to do some really cheap PX6 upgrades. Sounds like Phoenix has the same idea for some upcoming RAM releases. :) I am surprised how they allowed you both to update to 7.1 board manually. Did either of you notice a speed increase? It seems as though they may have used different processors (still a Px3, quad core, 1.6ghz, but a newer PX3 model # to support sleep mode) I would not be surprised if the entirely new SOM came with some other efficiencies.
Not only did they let us, they advertise it as a DIY and/or core service upgrade...

The towel trick saved me when I was traveling for work months at a time. All hotels have plenty of those and hair dryers!

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Revisit this thread before you do. There could be some new and improved units by that time from the sound of it.

No offense but there is 53 pages on this thread.... I think I will pass on that...

Also I have a great connection at Links

Also they are on GEN 2...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No offense but there is 53 pages on this thread.... I think I will pass on that...

Also I have a great connection at Links

Also they are on GEN 2...
Suit yourself, but there may be Gen 3 or 4 by that time...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If anyone wants one I'll sell mine been installed for 2 days.
So I guess you no longer need to be pointed to the CANBUS update?

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see that you posted the picture.

Jess Matson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I guess you no longer need to be pointed to the CANBUS update?

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see that you posted the picture.

Well I can try the update The last couple of days have been very annoying. Especially living in the south heated mirrors are very important

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well I can try the update The last couple of days have been very annoying. Especially living in the south heated mirrors are very important
What problem are you having exactly? Did you post that already?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's true.. but the units are upgradable by flashing a new OS omto it.
Not quite but the firmware does get updated. The unfortunate thing about this configuration is you are stuck with the version of Android these units ship with.

Essentially what I'm saying is don't pick your radio now if you don't plan on buying for a few months because they may have a newer version of Android out and better hardware.

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not quite but the firmware does get updated. The unfortunate thing about this configuration is you are stuck with the version of Android these units ship with.

Essentially what I'm saying is don't pick your radio now if you don't plan on buying for a few months because they may have a newer version of Android out and better hardware.

Their website shows this one.
Android 4.4.4 operating system

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Their website shows this one.
Android 4.4.4 operating system
That's funny. I'm pretty sure their description is wrong for their Gen 2 unless that's just their vendor branding.

They do make some changes but it's just mostly a firmware theme. They are selling the same radio as all the other vendors. One change they make hardware wise is they add an external microphone to one of the harnesses. I'm still trying to figure out how they did that.

The actual Generation 2 of the T Style radios is the fast boot version with Android 7.1.1 (generally speaking)...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Geez, all of you guys with fake Android versions! First off, know that you have a valid reason to return this radio for fraud as the Android 6.0 information is false. It's running 4.4.4...

Here is the video describing how to update the CANBUS

And here is the link to the download for your 4.4.4 radio which is also in the video description.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q8vpbncwied3mgn/AACQUYz_zQhAWKMUFnva_IJCa?dl=0

Jess Matson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Geez, all of you guys with fake Android versions! First off, know that you have a valid reason to return this radio for fraud as the Android 6.0 information is false. It's running 4.4.4...

Here is the video describing how to update the CANBUS

And here is the link to the download for your 4.4.4 radio which is also in the video description.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q8vpbncwied3mgn/AACQUYz_zQhAWKMUFnva_IJCa?dl=0

Well lucky last year I complained enough and got a full refund. But thanks I will work on this weekend.