"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brimmstone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got the pic changed. Only thing that was different was password. Mine uses 666888. Now to figure out how to get previous guy signed out of google play store

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Got the pic changed. Only thing that was different was password. Mine uses 666888. Now to figure out how to get previous guy signed out of google play store
Go to settings, then the more settings tab (on top) to get into the Android settings. Once there, go to the "Apps" section.

Scroll through the list until you reach "Google Play Store". In this menu click on "storage" and on the following screen click "clear cache" and "clear data".

You should be good to go now. If not, go back into the same Apps menu and uninstall all updates for Google Play Store and try again.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I've been holding off buying one of these for my truck in hopes the price would come down. Looks like it's going up. Anyone got links to a place with a good price?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been holding off buying one of these for my truck in hopes the price would come down. Looks like it's going up. Anyone got links to a place with a good price?
I'm told Rhino Radios is a good reseller and there prices are competitive. I have no experience with them personally though.

Stay away from Phoenix Android IMO. Their service has seriously degraded over the past year.

Last edited:

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I'm told Rhino Radios is a good reseller and there prices are competitive. I have no experience with them personally though.

Stay away from Phoenix Android IMO. There service has seriously degraded over the past year.

I'll have a look. Thank you

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Ghost2ndMarDiv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe you can help me...I can't get my backup camera to work when I put my truck in reverse,it works just fine when I manually turn it on but no luck with reverse...I've went into the advanced settings and tried Ram Hi ,lo and American but no luck...someone had mentioned on some other forum about the baud rate...when Phoenix finally contacted me about the issue, they weren't much help on the camera but did say the baud rate was for hvac...it's a small issue but it's makin me lose my mind

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sure... couple things. What was your factory radio setup (factory backup camera(s), radio type).

Also, can you post a picture of your system information screen? It will look similar to this...804a63e37998e7f9edf2a754caa4e719.jpg

Edit, I seem to remember someone else having this issue to. Maybe they can chime in.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe you can help me...I can't get my backup camera to work when I put my truck in reverse,it works just fine when I manually turn it on but no luck with reverse...I've went into the advanced settings and tried Ram Hi ,lo and American but no luck...someone had mentioned on some other forum about the baud rate...when Phoenix finally contacted me about the issue, they weren't much help on the camera but did say the baud rate was for hvac...it's a small issue but it's makin me lose my mind

I had this issue and nothing I tried would work so I ran a cable from my fuse panel to the power cable on back of radio to trigger the reverse. Can’t remember the fuse number without looking but I think trailer reverse lights . It is in this thread somewhere I remember posting . I can search for it if you can’t find the fuse . This is easier then running a cable all the way back to the hitch which is the other option .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was helping out someone with this issue and sadly they returned it before we could diagnose it. But do you have the GPS plugged in? Silly question I know but the person I was helping didn't and I know that was causing at least one of his other problems.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I was helping out someone with this issue and sadly they returned it before we could diagnose it. But do you have the GPS plugged in? Silly question I know but the person I was helping didn't and I know that was causing at least one of his other problems.
Try the PAC adapter..beats taping a fuse etc..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I have been following this thread for awhile and even though I am going to lose a few things and saw all the complaints I bought it anyway lol. I do you like to play around with things and don't mind little bugs here and there. The cool part is if I don't like it I can always go back to stock. Thanks again for all the info..

Craanenc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I’m missing some of my wiring harness an can’t seem to find any replacements. I need the RCA harness for an external amp. If someone could take a picture of the location it plugs into on the back of the deck an a close up of the harness it self so I can see how’s its wired? Or maybe a pinout diagram? Or a contact to order more harness? Thank you

Craanenc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I’m missing some of my wiring harness an can’t seem to find any replacements. I need the RCA harness for an external amp. If someone could take a picture of the location it plugs into on the back of the deck an a close up of the harness it self so I can see how’s its wired? Or maybe a pinout diagram? Or a contact to order more harness? Thank you

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my radio last night and installed it. It was a quick and easy thanks to this post and videos out there. Couple of things I noticed.

1. AC controls this took me the longest. The connection is very tight. My controls would not work until I literally brute force that connection. That plug has to be seated completely before mine worked.

2. Metric / imperial. When I set the unit to imperial it does work. But it sets my cluster to metric. So the opposite of what the head unit is. Am thinking I have to put the old unit back in and set it to imperial?

3. It's so slow. Response time is terrible. Even my steering wheel controls lag. I'll post a pic of my software versions. Am hoping I am running a older version.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my radio last night and installed it. It was a quick and easy thanks to this post and videos out there. Couple of things I noticed.

1. AC controls this took me the longest. The connection is very tight. My controls would not work until I literally brute force that connection. That plug has to be seated completely before mine worked.

2. Metric / imperial. When I set the unit to imperial it does work. But it sets my cluster to metric. So the opposite of what the head unit is. Am thinking I have to put the old unit back in and set it to imperial?

3. It's so slow. Response time is terrible. Even my steering wheel controls lag. I'll post a pic of my software versions. Am hoping I am running a older version.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the nightmare haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is my system info. After playing around a bit my auto headlights arent working they stay off. Also my heated/cooling seats and steering wheel do not work. If I use the manual button the radio sees them on then they go off after a few seconds. Could someone send me the link to the lastest updates? I looked on phoenix but am not sure if they are the latest.

20190501_082445.jpg