"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Anyone have issues with the factory camera being very dark? Its very hard to see!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
If you put the vehicle in reverse you can press, hold, then release the "reverse camera" title header in the top of the screen. This will activate a menu on screen that let's you adjust camera image settings.

A better improvement can be had (in my opinion) by adding a matte screen protector. I use this cut to length...

Mr Shield For Amazon Fire HD 10... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015IKUNL2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for that info. Just a couple more issues to figure out lol

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if the factory DVD/CD player can be used?

Wayne Stella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I haven't seen much in this thread talk about what happens to the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller settings you had access to with the OEM radio. I have some available in my EVIC but not all. How can I get to them? In the DIY forum there are plenty of discussions about installing the OEM brake control module but they all have OEM radios so they have access to on screen settings in the radio. Is this one of the things you lose when you install this radio?

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would (and have) only recommend it to those who like to tinker with Android devices.

Thanks to @mdifilippo, I once again have a 7.1.1 fastboot coreboard. I used rooted firmware and sm really making progress on getting this to be a great radio and super customizable (thanks to @jmckeejr)

Too bad they don't ship this way...e6c856e33a19c42298c3baf005f7f4b2.jpg

Mind telling me what you used for a firmware? I think this unit has potential, but coud use some tweaking to get there.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Mind telling me what you used for a firmware? I think this unit has potential, but coud use some tweaking to get there.
In the sticky on this Russian forum there are many firmware files. Multiple files for the 4.4.4 based Radios are rooted and 1 for 7.1.1. use Google translate, there is a lot of good information on that site as they have been using these for much longer. These firmwares are free...

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=877711

In addition, one of the Devs has made a paid firmware for these with many customizations (I haven't tried it and the cost is $100 US). I don't know anyone who is using the firmware, but the dev who made it (ShIvADeSt) has been very helpful to others on that forum and now on XDA too.

Last edited:

Sean Holaway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Phoenix Android Radio product support SUCKS!!!!!! I guess if you buy one second hand or god forbid buy a truck with one installed and have issues good friggin luck. they will talk to me all day until the "whats the name on order or original order number" question when my reply is I have no idea I obtained this unit used crickets. all I asked them to help me with is a factory reset I want this unit back to the way it was sent from them when new. I updated to the 7.1 and the MPU updated and now I have to "reset" the unit every time I get into my truck. is not like I am asking for a refund or warranty work or replacement I just simply want a bi of direction. very very very poor product support I would hope that if you purchase one you are treated differently but just my experience I would not buy.

if anyone can help me please I love the unit just want it to work.

2017 Lonestar 4x4 factory 8.4 screen was replaced by this unit. heated seats and wheel factory backup camera,

Last edited:

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So where does the unit get the outside temperature reading from. It never matches what my truck says. So times it's a difference of 2-3 degrees and sometimes 15 degree difference
Did you ever figure anything out on this? Mine is consistently 10 degrees off, this seems to mess with the hvac system quite a bit!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Did you ever figure anything out on this? Mine is consistently 10 degrees off, this seems to mess with the hvac system quite a bit!
If you guys are Ram Hi car type, it may be your CANBUS update? Can you post a picture of your system information screen and let me know your trim level?

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you guys are Ram Hi car type, it may be your CANBUS update? Can you post a picture of your system information screen and let me know your trim level?

Here it is.. I have a 2013 sport... thanks for your assistance! I have a lot to learn about this system yet lol, but the price was right.. free... haha

IMG_20190508_082256.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Here it is.. I have a 2013 sport... thanks for your assistance! I have a lot to learn about this system yet lol, but the price was right.. free... haha

View attachment 165427
Do you have heated/cooled seats/steering wheel and/or auto climate controls?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
All of the above.. lol heated/cooled and auto climate
Ok I'm sending you a PM with files and instructions to upgrade your MCU and CANBUS adapter.

One quick question, did your unit come with this adapter pictured below?e8b31cb8a46d46af97fe480c63c51521.jpg

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I'm sending you a PM with files and instructions to upgrade your MCU and CANBUS adapter.

One quick question, did your unit come with this adapter pictured below?e8b31cb8a46d46af97fe480c63c51521.jpg

I don't recall seeing that one... just the radio and canbus. what does that do?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That is the actual CANBUS module. It's possible yours is different though. Can you post a picture of yours? I've seen some that are bright orange.

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is the actual CANBUS module. It's possible yours is different though. Can you post a picture of yours? I've seen some that are bright orange.

That will take me a bit.. will have to open up the console and dash to get to it. If I remember correctly this one was white/cream colored.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok. For the time being don't try to flash CANBUS update then. Only try the MCU. Sending PM now.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Haven't seen that before? While you're in there make sure it's securely plugged in. Does it have dipswitches too?