"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I got the 7.1 fastboot version of this the other day and got it installed without too much trouble. I have an Express which has steering wheel controls and those aren't working. Can't configure them with the steering wheel controls menu either.

I got into the Advanced menu and changed to Ram - High and it enables the steering wheel controls but then it changes the Climate Control system to one expecting dual zone temperature controls and nothing on it works, can't change the vents, or temp, or fan speed. Talking with Phoenix and hopefully they will find a solution, I think this device is awesome but honestly if I can't get my steering wheel controls I may return this.
Just a crapshoot, but I ran into a similar problem on the 4.1 version. I found hidden way at the bottom of the list (not near Ram Lo or Ram Hi) a Ram Mid. May be worth looking for and giving a try if it's there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mick1152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is no Ram Mid on the new one, there is Ram-American which I assume replaced that. That one has the 7 speed air control without the automatic temp control but my steering wheel controls don't work with it.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine worked fine out of the box, but there is a screen in one of the menus where you can manually set up the srlteeting wheel switches.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Uctht

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L cummins
Or, if you wish to use Back up camera, in main radio, simply spice into the main loom, on passenger side of truck dash. then run to radio video input.

Right side of dash
remove the side panel from the passenger side of the dash.
The one at the very end of the dash.
Plain-Jane, plastic panel that you never really see, account the passenger door covers it up, when closed.
Yeah, that panel!
Take it off, just hooked in there, no screws or nothing.

DSCN0389.jpg

See that hanging gray plug, yep that;s the one we want.

Here is the other end of that plug Forgot to take a picture with it together.

DSCN0390.jpg

Dead center of the plug are the three wires needed

DSCN0394.jpg .

Bare Shield Wire, Green/Brown stripe is video or positive wire, Green with Orange stripe is negative wire.

AGAIN, this is for factory installed rear view camera.
If adding aftermarktet camera, the loom should still function, if you used factory video ends when you installed camera.
So I will have to do this to get my tailgate camera to work? I plugged mine in to the harness and I can select camera the (back) I can see but in reverse nothing?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
So I got my unit yesterday and I haven't looked it over that much but I noticed the a few of the wires look like they need to be spliced, one that stands out without having it in front of me is the steering wheel control wire. Did you guys have to splice this wire? Or any wires into the factory harness?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
There shouldn't be anything to splice especially for steering wheel controls, that'll be handled through the cambus.
Thanks, I got it all figured out. This thing is junk, coming out tmmrw. Bluetooth calls through the speakers sucks, can't hear **** just static. Won't stay connected to hotspot, backup camera looks way too dark, constant light static, Google play always crashes, sound on waze won't turn off, car launcher home screen and play music refuse to run at the same time. I wanted to like this thing so bad, it's coming out tmmrw and getting returned.

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is it the new updated unit? I have a feeling they rushed it out the door and didn't work out any kinks beyond their demo truck. Definetly be sure to give them as much detail as possible for the issues so that hopefully one day they can correct them.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Is it the new updated unit? I have a feeling they rushed it out the door and didn't work out any kinks beyond their demo truck. Definetly be sure to give them as much detail as possible for the issues so that hopefully one day they can correct them.
Yup the 7.1, the only thing good I really have to say is how quick it boots. Seemed like sitting in my driveway I'd get excited that something would work and then 5 min down the road it would stop. They keep claiming an update is coming out but I fail to see how a software update is going to correct for the constant static.

mick1152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup the 7.1, the only thing good I really have to say is how quick it boots. Seemed like sitting in my driveway I'd get excited that something would work and then 5 min down the road it would stop. They keep claiming an update is coming out but I fail to see how a software update is going to correct for the constant static.

I'm with you, I had the same experience with it and while my contact with them for support initially was great, they suddenly stopped replying to me and left me hanging for over a week without any replies. The wifi wouldn't stay connected or reconnect automatically, and my steering wheel controls would only work with RAM HI and RAM TOP but my A/C controls wouldn't work with those settings. Ultimately it came out and got returned last Friday. It is a bummer because I really really wanted to like it but there were just way too many issues with it for it to be reliable and functional.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I'm with you, I had the same experience with it and while my contact with them for support initially was great, they suddenly stopped replying to me and left me hanging for over a week without any replies. The wifi wouldn't stay connected or reconnect automatically, and my steering wheel controls would only work with RAM HI and RAM TOP but my A/C controls wouldn't work with those settings. Ultimately it came out and got returned last Friday. It is a bummer because I really really wanted to like it but there were just way too many issues with it for it to be reliable and functional.
How difficult did they make the return process? I submitted a return ticket last Thursday and haven't heard back yet. I'm anticipating them not being receptive to me wanting to return it.

mick1152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It took about a week (not sure if it's more or less) to get a response to the return ticket. But the reply included a prepaid shipping label. I shipped it back, they received it last Friday and I received an email the refund was issued on Wednesday although it just showed up at my bank tonight. Overall it was much smoother than I had anticipated it would be.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
It took about a week (not sure if it's more or less) to get a response to the return ticket. But the reply included a prepaid shipping label. I shipped it back, they received it last Friday and I received an email the refund was issued on Wednesday although it just showed up at my bank tonight. Overall it was much smoother than I had anticipated it would be.
Well they started playing games with me. I made a comment on their Facebook page about no action on my return and the deleted the comment and blocked me from their page. Bank of America will be getting a dispute call tmmrw

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Can anyone tell me how to access the advanced menu?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI, I've put back my stock radio. Couldn't live with the poor audio quality anymore. The Alpine system appears not to be fully compatible.
From the moment i heard my stock radio playing again i couldn't believe how bad the soud actually has been.

If anyone's interested my unit is for sale for € 300 (only shipping in europe).
As good as new and with the original packaging. Pm me if you're interested. Wouldn't recommend it if you have the alpine system...

Sent using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How is that doing it right?

It is literally the exact same model I received, installed, and returned, but that article says the price listed is "MSRP $1995.00". A full $1,200 more than I paid...

Based on what I can read, this actually works and is what the cheap knock offs are based of off. Either way I wouldnt buy any of them personally lol

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I don't know if this has already been discussed, but there is a Russian forum where they have dissected these and made them highly customizable. If you're interested, go to the following link and let Google translate the forum.

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=877711

I've got mine looking much better, the next step is root access to begin changing the system apps.

aba25d500bbd943d9a76a528ad0a1e82.jpg66b2770a4bdfe8614f6ca6a00fb843fd.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk