"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those files are all a year old are you sure they are good? And when you refer to USB you mean stick one that the radio is pigtailed into, and also must it be a clean usb drive?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

All this does is basically mass change your settings all at once .
I have done many times and it did seem to help with the sticky and slowness . Not sure what setting specifically helped though .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Hi, Im new here and had a question about the board upgrade to 7.1 fastboot. I ordered one from phoenix and they told me to cancel my order because I didn't order radio from them. Is there anywhere else I can get the board?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi, Im new here and had a question about the board upgrade to 7.1 fastboot. I ordered one from phoenix and they told me to cancel my order because I didn't order radio from them. Is there anywhere else I can get the board?
Not at the moment. They are the only ones offering the parts.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not real confident in longevity for this unit..when I change a setting the radio volume lowers to 10 and the screen dims..I'm sure it's not supposed to do that. We shall see.
Now who wants to make me a black Ram 2500 quad cab back round? I'm more than willing to pay via PayPal a reasonable fee to help me out...that white truck is killing me already!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

See if this works for you. Place it in the root of the SDcard...then reboot

zxwlogo.png

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
And sometimes I get this:. No consistency to the background...2102c2a398c64ec6ada0e3b5f815fb92.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Really strange... That looks like the stock picture? I changed mine before I even put the radio in the truck and I have yet to have that happen. Going on about 3 weeks of driving now. 7.1 fastboot version.

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
Uploaded a video to YouTube!

Link is below. I apologize for my messy camera work (and truck). Again I have the 7.1 model, but the min android version on eBay says 4.4 so both the old and new tesla radio models probably work with this :) well worth it IMO

Link:

Very interested in this! How does making calls work while the CarPlay is open? Does it go through the phones microphone or the head units microphone? Thanks much!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Very interested in this! How does making calls work while the CarPlay is open? Does it go through the phones microphone or the head units microphone? Thanks much!
Great question! This could fix the horrible internal microphone issues with these radios...

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great question! This could fix the horrible internal microphone issues with these radios...

Oh I hope so the internal one is horrid .

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

I will give it a try tomorrow or Friday, but I have answered calls and there is a "switch" button that pops up in CarPlay. :) After adjusting the one setting in the radio (I can find it for you) I have actually had decent luck with the internal microphone. It's not factory quality but close enough for my liking (and for Siri to work)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I will give it a try tomorrow or Friday, but I have answered calls and there is a "switch" button that pops up in CarPlay. :) After adjusting the one setting in the radio (I can find it for you) I have actually had decent luck with the internal microphone. It's not factory quality but close enough for my liking (and for Siri to work)
I couldn't wait, I purchased one that has its own microphone too. People can only sorry of hear me on the internal microphone although it does work for voice commands just fine.

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
If you guys are having that much trouble with the mic, you may be better off doing this mod (looks pretty simplistic). This looks like what linkswell does to add the aux mic input into their radio harnesses. Borrowed the images from the pda4 forum related to these radios.

image.png

image.png

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you guys are having that much trouble with the mic, you may be better off doing this mod (looks pretty simplistic). This looks like what linkswell does to add the aux mic input into their radio harnesses. Borrowed the images from the pda4 forum related to these radios.

View attachment 160695

View attachment 160696
I looked, we don't have those connectors on our radio. It seems pretty straight forward. I asked Linkswell if I could buy their harness and they said it won't work without modification...they aren't telling what the modification is but I know the harness they are using...

b168be2d2f7fb3c892cbedeb64328b14.jpgb08b28be4f2f90a32a1247e55c0781b5.jpg

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I looked, we don't have those connectors on our radio. It seems pretty straight forward. I asked Linkswell if I could buy their harness and they said it won't work without modification...they aren't telling what the modification is but I know the harness they are using...

Hmm bummer... Doesn't that harness in the photos look like the main one that we plug up and under the radio? The one that takes about 20 more lbs of pressure to fit in than it probably should. This is the main harness with the canbus and video out cable.

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6

Isn't that the video in & aux in harness that we have as well??

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lol, it's even harder to get out!

The one on 4PDA is larger and has more pins. I bet someone over there could tell us how to do it, but the language barrier may be tricky (for me not them).

I do "know" one of the members who offered to help me create an account over there but I never took him up on it because he answered all of my questions on XDA for the 4.4.4 versions...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Isn't that the video in & aux in harness that we have as well??
Yes, they populated two extra pins. I'm just not sure where they are pulling signal from on the board(s).

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Got my dongle today , car play works awesome . Apple maps music messages work great . Calls work but seem to still have the microphone issues as it does seem to use built in radio mic .
Very happy with the car play though , so much better

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Got my dongle today , car play works awesome . Apple maps music messages work great . Calls work but seem to still have the microphone issues as it does seem to use built in radio mic .
Very happy with the car play though , so much better

Did you buy the one you linked to earlier on Amazon?

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought the one I linked in here the other day . White one on amazon

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I bought the one I linked in here the other day . White one on amazon

I bought from the same seller except black and this one specifically says "with mic"... fingers crossed.

USB Carplay Dongle,Carlinkit Mini Smartphone Link Receiver Adapter Compatible Android Car Auto Navigation Multimedia Player Support Touch and Voice Control(Black with Mic) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KSV5Q8F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CkuNCbTZ4Q2WN