the life of Raiden (ramportin1's truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
O trust me, every day MON-FRI i drive by the same wash that did that number to my 4runner (you remember what that looked like lol) and think o lord are you all in for a treat! :anitoof:

problem is, all those people dont even know they are trashing their cars, my ex father in-law, told me that no matter what if you own a black vehicle it will be swirled to hell in less than a year, "there is no way to avoid it" this coming from a guy whose black truck was actually grey in the sunlight, but needless to say i proved him wrong when i sold my 2014 after 2.5 years of ownership and it had virtually no swirls on it

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well now it was time to do the front Bilsteins.... Boy was that a fun day lol, after a ton of swearing and using just about every tool in the shop and many many many hours..... i got them on. Was amazed on how much better my truck drove, how smooth he was over bumps, how quite he was without the suspension squeeks lol. BUT, i was a tiny bit dissapointed with my angles.... i measured before the install and i was .5" taller up front with my coil spacers AND my angles were almost perfectly parralell (spelling) with the ground, with the Bils at 2.8 i lost half a inch and got some not amazing looking angles. But im keeping him this way for now at least, and yes i did drive around for about a day and then got another allignment done, then rechecked all my torques. Rides much smoother though thats for sure and now i can load 3 bikes with hardly a hair of noticable squat vs before with just my 450 it was squatting lol

20171021_180429.jpg

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice story keep the mods coming! Lol it certainly is an addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice story keep the mods coming! Lol it certainly is an addiction!

O believe me I'm far from done lol, still haven't caught the story up to now yet and it's already under construction again [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
[emoji23] that's how the cookies crumbles! Lol

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wow not sure how i missed all of this!?!?

Awesome thread. Raiden has come a long way. Nice work brother. I am enjoying all the pics of the progress!

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow not sure how i missed all of this!?!?

Awesome thread. Raiden has come a long way. Nice work brother. I am enjoying all the pics of the progress!
Thanks man! I tend to take lots of pictures of my truck lol! Just wish i had my real old phones for the old pics or even some of the mudding pics but o well

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear you man. Most my pics are of my vehicles also lol

What’s next for mods?

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the next thing was my brakes. I started to notice my front rims getting more and more brake dust on them quicker and quicker, took a front wheel off and quickly realized my calipers were failing. They were not fully releasing/opening when i would let off the brake pedal, then on the way home that night i believe they got worse and were squeling with no brake pedal so i retired the truck until i got new brakes. Didnt need some super awesome 8k dollar brakes lol but didnt want regular generic either. Did some research and got the full powerstop Z-23 sport evolution kit front and rear with carbon ceramic pads and drilled + slotted rotors. Install was easy and straight forward, broke in the pads, checked for even contact, all was good. Brakes are awesome incase anyone is interested, highly recommend. they look great, work great and pads are dang near dust free. Heres some pics of the old crusties and the install, and after (pay no attention to the dirty rim!)

20171105_102954.jpg

20171105_102945.jpg

20171105_112226.jpg

20171105_134114.jpg

20171105_151216.jpg

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear you man. Most my pics are of my vehicles also lol

What’s next for mods?

Well i am just starting to get all my supplies together and scheduling a time with my brother so i can get his paint tinting skills again lol then i am doing a full white out! so that, also Coverking CR-grade neoprene seat covers are gunna be bought here in the near future for sure. BELIEVE ME, when i say i already checked gotexhaust to see if you guys carried coverking and it looks like you dont, but was planning on shooting you a PM anyways lol! Gotta make sure i check with mah dude before buying elsewhere! Then for sure a new SRT style A-pillar which youll be getting a PM about also :anitoof::pepper: the list just continues to grow haha

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ALWAYS PM me for availability. We do offer cover king but it is not listed on our site. I am working on adding a ton of stuff to our site. RAM Forum may even have their own section on our site!!

that list always seems to get longer instead of shorter lol

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i had now fallen victim to the broken manifold bolts and aquired a pretty sweet tick on cold starts lol. I knew, this was my excuse for longtubes! Now to convince the ball and chains to let me buy them..... So i told her what was going on with the manifolds and that i wanted to replace them with longtubes and maybe you know spruced the story up a bit to make it sound more appealing to her lol. IT WORKED! She gave the OK for me to get them, so i got in contact with good ol Nick@GotExhaust and got a price quote on some KOOKS LT's and highflow catted midpipe that couldnt be beat. Saved up the pennies, ordered them and waited very antsy for them to come :Big Laugh:. When they arrived i was super pumped, i believe i was able to get the shop time that weekend and threw em on. Was another PITA job, had i think 3 broken bolts all on the pass. side. Some had actually stretched so much from the heat cycles and the mani banana'ing that i literally removed one of the bolts with my fingers! didnt even have to touch it with a tool it was that loose, i dont think a sinle bolt came out in good condition lol all of them were at least a little warped and pitted. Anyway to shorten this story after some hammering, busted knuckles, cutting and grinding the new exhaust was in and sounding friggin amazing if i say so myself. LOVE my exhaust set up now. Only thing that may change with the exhaust is ive wanted to try that widowmaker muffler out lol see if its any louder then my 10 series but idk im definitely happy with my set up now.

20171110_171541.jpg

20171110_171550.jpg

20171110_195856.jpg

20171110_202841.jpg

20171111_213148.jpg

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ALWAYS PM me for availability. We do offer cover king but it is not listed on our site. I am working on adding a ton of stuff to our site. RAM Forum may even have their own section on our site!!

that list always seems to get longer instead of shorter lol
LOL! for sure bro, i will PM you. hell i was going to anyway even though i thought you didnt carry them but figured hell with it ill ask him anyways :gr_grin:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i had now fallen victim to the broken manifold bolts and aquired a pretty sweet tick on cold starts lol. I knew, this was my excuse for longtubes! Now to convince the ball and chains to let me buy them..... So i told her what was going on with the manifolds and that i wanted to replace them with longtubes and maybe you know spruced the story up a bit to make it sound more appealing to her lol. IT WORKED! She gave the OK for me to get them, so i got in contact with good ol Nick@GotExhaust and got a price quote on some KOOKS LT's and highflow catted midpipe that couldnt be beat. Saved up the pennies, ordered them and waited very antsy for them to come :Big Laugh:. When they arrived i was super pumped, i believe i was able to get the shop time that weekend and threw em on. Was another PITA job, had i think 3 broken bolts all on the pass. side. Some had actually stretched so much from the heat cycles and the mani banana'ing that i literally removed one of the bolts with my fingers! didnt even have to touch it with a tool it was that loose, i dont think a sinle bolt came out in good condition lol all of them were at least a little warped and pitted. Anyway to shorten this story after some hammering, busted knuckles, cutting and grinding the new exhaust was in and sounding friggin amazing if i say so myself. LOVE my exhaust set up now. Only thing that may change with the exhaust is ive wanted to try that widowmaker muffler out lol see if its any louder then my 10 series but idk im definitely happy with my set up now.

View attachment 117252

View attachment 117253

View attachment 117254

View attachment 117255

View attachment 117256

:headbang:absolutely love the look of those headers!!! :leghump:

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After the install i hit up Sean at Hemifever and he updated my tune for me and got that loaded up and running the very next day. Goes without saying the tune is ON POINT and power increases with this new setup is WAY more noticable then i ever would have guessed, no matter how little throttle once RPM gets to right around 1,100 the truck just pulls. WOT is awesome and SCREAMS

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also installed a sonnax line pressure booster before the headers which i forgot to mention. Definitely noticably better shifts, even with the tune. Truck pulls and shifts really just perfect to me now, literally a perfect combination for what i wanted i love it

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also had ordered some Recon replica tails + 3rd brake to have some fun with and have some white tails to match my headlights. So for the tails i opened them up and painted them all PW7 with PXR reverse buckets and i also taped up the lenses and did a PXR border around the lense. The 3rd brake i just taped the lense off and painted a large PW7 border. Some may have noticed that i dont have my white tails on and thats because of me being a idiot lol. I had the new tails on the ground while i was high heat taping all my wiring for a peace of mind blanket and had just got my new muffler and piping for my 4runner, so of course i started fiddling with those and i dropped the dang muffler on one of my tails :banghead:. Didnt crack the lense thankfully but it put a nice gouge in it and through the clear i sprayed so im gunna wet sand and re-clear, just havent got around to it yet.

20170930_173222.jpg

20171029_113154.jpg

20171104_161853.jpg

20171107_212742.jpg

TAILS1.jpg

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And heres the 3rd brake, This will be getting swapped out here shortly for the one that im working on now :hat:

20171116_141704.jpg

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
O i forgot to mention i also FULLY debadged the truck at this point as well, meaning i finally took off my "BIG HO EDITION" that was kinda my trademark lol and my avatar..... But wanted a bit of a cleaner look. This summer when i go for the shiniest possible paint im going to remove ALL of my stickers as well except for my mopar M on my windshield and maybe not my wicked clowns, idk. Gunna go for a little cleaner look