Thinking Ahead to a Likely New Flame Red 2023 & How Best to Protect the Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I am possibly going to get a brand new 2023 Flame Red 3500 Longhorn dually and have thought that one of the first things I'd do is protect the paint and plastic chrome as best I can. Flame Red does show swirl marks badly, so I want to head those off. What are some recommendations? Ceramic coating?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Meguairs Hybrid on mine, and has held up OK. But there are a bunch of PPL that religiously clean their rides and they need to chime in. When cleaned up, waxed, etc.,.

trkwash.jpg

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I use Meguairs Hybrid on mine, and has held up OK. But there are a bunch of PPL that religiously clean their rides and they need to chime in. When cleaned up, waxed, etc.,.

View attachment 517186

The Ram Flame Red sure is beautiful. Some reds look cold, but not yours. It is on fire!

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Me i love to detail our rides. I use nothing but zaino

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
The best protection is PPF. But $$$$.

IMO keeping paint nice is as much about what you don’t do as anything. Such as parking under trees, leaving bird crap on, using bad washing techniques etc.

If you’re not abusing it just regular hand washing and any wax or sealant out there will look good for a very long time.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The Ram Flame Red sure is beautiful. Some reds look cold, but not yours. It is on fire!
TY, not look like that now, friggin filthy, lol. Takes about 4 hours to do all on truck, dry, re-apply, rinse off, dry, buff out, chrome, tires, and the tonneau cover just adds to cleaners delight, LMAO.

I know there are better products, I just use what works for me. I keep seeing "Cerakote" advertised on TV, looks simple to use, n eva used, unknown, and I have a whole bottle of Meguiars to use. Would clean tomorrow, but bumming a ride to a town 30 miles away to pick up my Motorcycle from the shop, LOL.

wax trk.JPG

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Great color choice! I need to be better about keeping the truck waxed. I'm building a new house so once that's done I can care for my truck better. You will be happy with your color choice. This is my second ram that I've had and both ordered in flame red.

Red

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Great color choice! I need to be better about keeping the truck waxed. I'm building a new house so once that's done I can care for my truck better. You will be happy with your color choice. This is my second ram that I've had and both ordered in flame red.

Red

Yes, my 2019 CTD dually is bright white and sometimes appears like it is a commercial work truck. They had several duallies back in Jan 2020 but no flame red, so I got the white with Mountain Brown and Beige interior. Here is a link to the Black & Cattle Brown interior of the 2023 Laramie Longhorn Edition I am getting. You may have to scroll down to Interior. Click "Rotate 360" to see it virtually...

Their flame red color on their build site is not correct. Looks too dark, cold.