This is new or FU***** sirius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aux576

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tried to reactivate the satellite radio in my 18 today, after tearing my hair out with the Filipino reps I finally asked to speak with a US rep, got cut off in the transfer (surprise?) called them back and got a US rep who, after a bit, found out that not only did miss tagalog activate the wrong radio but put me in for the wrong (and more expensive) plan. Got that straightened out and she sends the activation signal, now I have no broadcast coming from my radio and as an added bonus the radio will not shut off even with the truck off key out and door open (WTF). I disconnect the battery the radio shuts off and acts normally in AM and FM modes but when I shift to sirius xm it starts to go zombie on me again.
The only reason I was going to reactivate the satellite was because they sent me a $5 per month for 12 month special otherwise there's nothing they broadcast that's worth what they charge.
My next call will be back to them and wade through the mire in order cancel my hours old subscription and tell them what to do with their service.

Octane

Reaction score
A lawyer friend tells me you have to really play hardball with xm to cancel the service.Even he told them that even if they continue to bill him he won't ever pay.Weird company

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only thing I don't care for with XM/Sirus is the fact ya have to call every year to negotiate a sensible price for the next year .This summer will be about the 16th time just for my trucks. Never ever pay what they advertise.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
A lawyer friend tells me you have to really play hardball with xm to cancel the service.Even he told them that even if they continue to bill him he won't ever pay.Weird company

Yeah, it is a yearly game playing with them as only suckers pay full bill for their service. I use a virtual account number with one of my main credit cards and make sure the expiration date expires a month or two before renewal so they cannot automatically renew me at full bill. I just then get back online or the phone with them and play the game again to get discounted yearly rate. Should not have to be that way but their business model sucks.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Gary2 is correct.
You have to tell them to cancel. Apparently, they are gigged based on how many cancellations they cannot prevent. If you stick to your guns and actually can survive a few weeks or a month without it, they WILL get you back with $5./month at all costs. Have been doing this for years and it works every time.

PS: For all those in this forum from some of the gun forums, (I'm OneIsNone), Shotgun News, oops, sorry, Firearms News does this too. I've been paying $2/month for that!

mrOAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally cut ties with Sirius/XM after being with them for 18 years. I always call a month before my subscription ends and negotiate back to $5-$10 a month for 2 vehicles. All my music is now on a hard drive that I just keep plugged in via USB. Podcasts on the phone to listen to via Bluetooth. Thats $60-$120 per year, or 2-6 bottles of good whiskey. lol

Kermudge

U.S. Navy Retired 68-95
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 3:92 Gears. LSD, 8 speed.
I am glad I bought a Lifetime subscription to Sirius when they were available. Paid about $600cdn 13 or so years ago...

Yup me too. Minor pain to get it re started on my 2018.

Scottsjeeprolet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I was in my wife's Ram 2014 this weekend and found her Sirius working. I only pay for it on my 2017.

RAM08110719

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8 E85
I had it when it was Sirius. I enjoyed it a lot. Then gave it up. After time went by. I checked out the channel lineup. Thought thank God for smartphones. Got better music for free. The content was unbeatable. Then the 2 companies became 1. Then it was not worth it. To those that enjoy it. I'm glad you can get it at that cost.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a nightmare of a time with sxm and will never use the service again. Mine kept cutting out incessantly as I drove. It was easy to cancel the day I did it.

Slick61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've been through the ringer with SXM as well. I went to renew one of my (two) subscriptions, & go through the whole bargaining process. I find out the next day that they renewed BOTH of my subscriptions, the second at a considerably higher rate. I did NOT authorize that. They gave me the song & dance about the auto-renewal. Told them to cancel both of my subscriptions. THEN they start back-pedaling to the $5 a month rate. Told them "nope... cancel them both... I'm too mad right now." I've got unlimited data on my phone... and there are so many (free) streaming services... I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I also purchased the Lifetime subscription when XM first started broadcasting so the second radio (my 19 Ram) would be discounted when my year runs out in August 2020. Last month I received an offer from Sirius XM to keep the All Access programming for $90/yr which I took. The offer starts on the one year anniversary of my activating my 19's service and is less expensive than I could get all access with the multiradio discount.

Total cost with all fees and taxes is $106/yr total but I think that's a fair price for all the features of their best plan. Keep bugging them, they will deal to keep you but they made this decision easy.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Ive been using them since my 2012 free trial. Yes you need to negotiate every year.

I did find a thread a couple years ago where an ex-CS rep actually posted the sales script. I was shocked my next renewal went word for word down the line. Even the "let me ask my supervisor" breaks. So I knew what the bottom line would be and just told the guy this is what I want can you do it. Came back with "well you've been with us for a long time so I can give YOU this special offer" Oh Boy !! Skipped a few steps in his speech lol

Have to do same thing with Comcast every year or 2 PITA, just offer a fair price up front

ngiovas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have SXM on a few cars. The last two times I have called to renew (in the last couple of months), I just told them I wanted to cancel because I could stream for free and they immediately offered me $60 for 12 months paid monthly. I was only on the phone 5 minutes each time. They have made it much easier to get a decent price for a longer period of time due to the pressure of streaming audio. With it being monthly, I can cancel at any time, but the price is guaranteed for a year.

With that said, both of my sons don't want satellite radio, even if I pay for it. I thought it might be a good gift, but they both said they would rather I pay for a Spotify subscription. It is only a matter of time before SXM doesn't have enough subscribers to stay in business. They are trying to offer streaming stations to compete, but why do that when I can have one subscription and play it anywhere anytime for one price. My next vehicles will all have Android Auto / Apple Car Play which will make it much easier to control the music from my phone and that will be reason enough to cancel my SXM subscription.

CKayaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

I have gone two cycles with them and finally gave up on the service. First time I tried to cancel was way back in 2011. Took a lot of hoops and hassles. Reactivated the service on that SUV when I got the RAM last year (with its one year free). Figured it would be handy as we were traveling back and forth between NorCal and Montana in both rigs. Hit the run-around on canceling yet again when it came up for renewals. Between the iPod and services through our phones, it just was not worth the price they were asking.

But getting them to cancel was horrible. Run around on the customer service. No responses to email. Ditto on chat sessions. I finally resorted to updating my contact information, using a dead credit card number and other interesting address info...

XM.jpg

ShotCaller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yep..real PITA to cancel for me too....i use Pandora blue-toothed thru phone thru radio....sounds great !

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am glad I bought a Lifetime subscription to Sirius when they were available. Paid about $600cdn 13 or so years ago...
Careful, you can only transfer it 5 times. Had a buddy find that out the hard way :(

I was in my wife's Ram 2014 this weekend and found her Sirius working. I only pay for it on my 2017.
It's on free till the end of today lol.