Thoughts on the Hemi engine cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Do you need brake fluid??????????
Not a drop of brake fluid is used when I clean my engine.
Only Simple Green concentrated in a spray bottle on a cool engine, and a pressure washer.
Then a heavy douse of Krown rust control spray, and I further touch up things with this Krown product.

Attachments

• 20230830_164137.jpg
    20230830_164137.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230830_164301.jpg
    20230830_164301.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 6

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Not a drop of brake fluid is used when I clean my engine.
Only Simple Green concentrated in a spray bottle on a cool engine, and a pressure washer.
Then a heavy douse of Krown rust control spray, and I further touch up things with this Krown product.
I'm referring to the brake fluid level.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I'm referring to the brake fluid level.
I recently had my brakes replaced with the Power Stop Z36 package, and also had my brake fluid flushed and filled with Motul DOT5.1 brake fluid at the same time (took two liters for my acceptance of properly flushed completely and filled properly with zero chance of any cross contamination from the old/stock brake fluid within the system and/or reservoir).

I ensured the brake fluid reservoir was filled (cold) to the max level after initial break in, too (as prescribed in the bedding process on the Power Stop website).

The level remains at the full mark line level on the reservoir to this day.

Brakes are tight and accurate with high level bite and zero issues.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I recently had my brakes replaced with the Power Stop Z36 package, and also had my brake fluid flushed and filled with Motul DOT5.1 brake fluid at the same time (took two liters for my acceptance of properly flushed completely and filled properly with zero chance of any cross contamination from the old/stock brake fluid within the system and/or reservoir).

I ensured the brake fluid reservoir was filled (cold) to the max level after initial break in, too (as prescribed in the bedding process on the Power Stop website).

The level remains at the full mark line level on the reservoir to this day.

Brakes are tight and accurate with high level bite and zero issues.
2019 and new brakes. I have a 2016 with 82K miles and still on the factory brakes.

I'll look into the Power Stop.

Thanks

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I got over 120,000Km's out of my stock brakes, and still had 3mm left on the pads front and rear at the time of replacement - zero issues and no pulse and/or out of round.
I'm now just turned 138,000Km's with the new brakes installed and love the improvement in stopping prowess ;)

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's the end result after a good cleaning, and then with a full Krown engine bay spray, including the alternator and fuse box.

Plus I Krown the calipers and brake hubs (pictured is the rear passenger side brake) as well as every nook and cranny throughout the entire truck from top to bottom and everywhere in between.

Yes, I lost one black Gorilla lug nut and have a new pack on order... dang thing hopped off the hoist and ran away...lol ;))

EDIT - and no, I have never ever had a CEL or any issues whatsoever cleaning my engine on this truck nor any vehicle in my driving career using concentrated Simple Green and a pressure washer (I DO NOT open my fuse box and spray it with any product or water, so we're clear), but I open it and soak it with Krown, as well as my alternator and ECM and coil packs and every single electrical connector, etc.
Wow man looks great!!

I never thought of spraying anything in the fuse box but it makes sense to keep the corrosion out. Might have to do that this time as well.