Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rover5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
We have a lights that is coming on on the dash it looks like a lightning bolt it is not throwing any codes I have goggle it and they say it is the throttle body can’t find any loose wires Do I need to replace the throttle body when driving or idling the lightning bolt starts flashing and then it goes into limp mode it doesn’t do this all the time I drove it 60 miles Sat and it only did it once

Last edited:

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Thank you to everyone that up us with the lifter and wiring problem The boy that was helping him left a cap off a push rods Now the lightning bolt light comes on and it goes into safe mode We have goggle it and they say it is in the throttle body The rpm hand goes up and down at an idle Read on the internet to clean it but after he done that it says not to clean Cleaned it with carburetor cleaner do we need to replace the throttle body
May i suggest taking some remedial english classes? Dude...can't make heads or tails of anything You've written.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Thank you to everyone that up us with the lifter and wiring problem The boy that was helping him left a cap off a push rods Now the lightning bolt light comes on and it goes into safe mode We have goggle it and they say it is in the throttle body The rpm hand goes up and down at an idle Read on the internet to clean it but after he done that it says not to clean Cleaned it with carburetor cleaner do we need to replace the throttle body

Just a thought but have you checked to make sure the ground wire got reattached to the back of the head? As far as cleaning the throttle body I've read that if any chlorinated brake cleaner gets inside it can damage the electronic components.

OP
OP
R

rover5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I haven’t checked that but I will go check the ground now I rewrote the thread so people could understand what I was saying Yes the ground was hooked up

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Your 2004 5.7. Can share with you the lightning bolt experience I have had with my 2003 5.7. First, clean good grounds are critical in our trucks. Next, there is no alternative or quick fix answer. The truck must be scanned by a competent tech with a professional scanner in order to determine what the cause of the drive condition is. If you don't, then go ahead and throw parts at what you may think is the problem. Maybe you will get lucky. The lightening bolt display is not good. It is a pull over and shut off warning. My first experience was with 50 miles on the truck. It was traced to the a lose ground from the factory, under the fuse box. Second was at 9500 miles and was a broken valve spring and lose valve seat. The last was at 230k miles. Four codes that needed to be run down and steps followed to get to the correct part failure. It was the control module on the throttle body. I may have caused that failure when a week before, I sprayed TB cleaner into the throttle body. Ass chewing from my tech and lesson learned.

OP
OP
R

rover5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
He never had any problems out of his to he fixed the lifters in it

OP
OP
R

rover5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
He has ordered a new Throttle Body but he checked all the grounds and everything that was suggested