Time for brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gussers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did my rears for $117 for premium rotors and ceramic pads (Did them myself). I went to Autozone and ordered online (pickup in store). There are almost always promos going. I got 20% off my order because it was over $100. So far, they've been going great. I'd think the fronts won't be much more. If you don't already have one, get a breaker bar for the caliper bolts. They're large and tight. I grabbed on at Harbor Freight for $20 and a set of impact sockets for the same $20.

Proper break in is more important than anything. Be gentle on your brakes for the first few hundred miles. Don't leave the brakes on when hot (sitting at lights or in traffic). The multiple heat cycles burn off the resins and binding agents in the pads as well as curing the adhesive that holds the pad on the metal. This heating/cooling also tempers the metal of the discs and makes them nice and hard.