Time for brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
At 96K my 2500 is ready for brakes. Obviously the OEM brakes work fine to get nearly 100K out of them, but they were obnoxiously loud their whole life. Any recommendations for replacements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I put power stops on mine and love them. I did the pads and all 4 rotors. Much better braking than OEM, especially for towing.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer a brake package that consist of the R1 concepts geomet rotors and posi quiet pads. This combo has been tried and true offering long lasting, dependable, quiet braking while being low dust with increased stopping power!

Message me if you would like a quote

Richard Kim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did the EBC rotors and pads. Solid pedal feel and shorter stops. Very happy with the set up. I have 48,000 miles on the EBC’s and the pads and rotors are in great shape (I inspect every time I rotate tires).

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'm running EBC GD Sport rotors and Orangestuff Extra Duty Light Truck pads. Took 8 months to get them when I ordered EBCs, while super brakes, have to be bedded in as prescribed. If not, you will have surging when braking.

As an alternative, Power Stop. I run these on my autos and I have no complaints. Brake performance is far better than OE. Again proper bedding is paramount. I also recommend flushing your brake system at least every 2 years and changing the fluid to DOT 4, where DOT 3 is specified.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
At 96K my 2500 is ready for brakes. Obviously the OEM brakes work fine to get nearly 100K out of them, but they were obnoxiously loud their whole life. Any recommendations for replacements?

That's funny... my OEMs were stone cold silent until about the same mileage and I replaced with the same and they are doing great as well. I wonder if you just had bad luck with yours.

And yeah, nearly 100K is just insane out of a set of brakes on a heavy truck like this. I remember I had an F150 about 20 years ago and that thing needed brakes every other oil change.

SISBAIKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 MEGA Cab SRW
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Kudos to your life on those pads! I got 74k on mine before I had to change them. Mine we OEM and were quiet never heard peep until it was time to get it done.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My 2500 CTD only has around 48k miles so it's still on the OEM brakes and I have never heard any sound coming from them whether towing my TT or empty.

OP
OP
N

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I went with the PowerStops for a couple reasons.
1. I’ve had them on previous vehicles and loved them
2. I had Amazon points, and they could get them here the fastest.

The fronts had a little more life left in them, but I replaced them since I was already there.
My rears weren’t in good shape. The passenger side caliper was seized. Pads still had lots of life on them. Driver side was down to the wear indicator on both pads. I picked up a caliper rebuild kit Saturday, and finished the job Sunday.

The bedding process caught me off guard. I got slammed into the seatbelt unexpectedly on the first brake application.

Brakes are dead silent, and my truck has never stopped this well.

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just did PowerStop pads on my truck with some Napa rotors. Noticeable difference in braking performance.