Tire Repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of my tire pressure lights came on a few days ago. It was a cold morning, so I just assumed it was the sensor acting up like they do every winter. Anyways, when I drove the truck again today, it was really low. And this time I could see that the tire was visibly lower. So sure as chit, found a wood screw in the tire. So just wondering how reliable those plug kits are? Or if tire shops have some other way of repairing the tire? Sorry if it's a dumb question. Just that the tire is still pretty much new, otherwise. Thanks.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I just recently had to do a plug kit in one of my fairly new tires (only 10k miles) and I haven't had any issues since. I have even had the tire pulled off one set of wheels and put on another and still no issues.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
After Hurricane Katrina, I rode around with several plugs in all four of the tires on my work vehicle and never had an issue with any of them. I drove on those plugged tires until they were replaced about a year later.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to know, thanks fellas. With the way I change my mind, I'll probably have a different setup before I wear them out anyway, lol.