TPS Conversion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparVendetta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Anybody ever try to eliminate the TPS system where the tos is under the battery box and is controled by a cable from the pedal intirn feeding info on to to the ECU? I thought about trying to use the tps pedal outta a 05 i have for parts and was just curious if anyone else has tryed

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You mean APPS lol? Only reason someone would do this is if they were using the entire 2005 harness to convert; otherwise the input tot the PCM ends up the same.

OP
OP
M

MoparVendetta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I guess im not pisitive but no im not referring to a ?APPS? I am in fact referring to TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). Im not sure what a APPS is fella you’ll have to learn me that one i guess! I was kinda irritared when i wrote my original post and now i realize I should gave included that is a 5.7 Hemi not a 5.9. The issue Im having is Ill start the truck and it idles and fine, but then once i take off, not 20 ft and this red dashlight that pictures a lightening bolt between parentheses begins flashing, truck goes into a very slightly higher idle, and footfeed becomes unresponsive effectivly leaving me in Limp mode until i stop and yank battery leads off to reset the damn thing. I tryed to clean the sensor to no avail, and well i just dunno for sure if the sensor is even the issue? Any advice will be much appreciated, its been down basically since i bought it 6 months ago and i kinda need the thing running this isnt kool at all for me

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor, which is integrated into the hemi TB. APPS is the electronic TB system. On 03's it's under the battery box, then in 04 they switched to an actual electronic pedal. So you've literally been asking if anyone has thought about eliminating their throttle position sensor......

OP
OP
M

MoparVendetta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I have literally been asking if anyone has eliminated their TPS huh? You a simple fella there pal or what? Because No that is not what i asked, I asked if anyone has eliminated this cockamamie setup they used in 03 and in favor of the upgraded way in which their is no cable or sensor underneith the batt box but rather the pedal alone is the sensor. Look man it was a simple question, & clearly you cant read nor do you know the answer I seek, thats irratating because now ur just wasting my time. I can google Chryslers history and get on blogs acting smart using “to the T” tech terms too but im here looking for people who actually wrench and have answers you dont find in any manuals. I reqiure no help from anyone with as condesending of a nature as yourself even if it was foolishly used in misunderstanding leaving said condesender looking a fool, no sir i do not.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That very much is what you asked:
Anybody ever try to eliminate the TPS system

I can read just fine, evidently you cannot because I explained what you were trying to do. I don't have to Google things, I'm a mechanic; not my fault you cannot express yourself properly LMAO. But let's pick apart your ******** statement:

I have literally been asking if anyone has eliminated their TPS huh? You a simple fella there pal or what? Because No that is not what i asked, I asked if anyone has eliminated this cockamamie setup they used in 03 and in favor of the upgraded way in which their is no cable or sensor underneith the batt box but rather the pedal alone is the sensor. Look man it was a simple question, & clearly you cant read nor do you know the answer I seek, thats irratating because now ur just wasting my time. I can google Chryslers history and get on blogs acting smart using “to the T” tech terms too but im here looking for people who actually wrench and have answers you dont find in any manuals. I reqiure no help from anyone with as condesending of a nature as yourself even if it was foolishly used in misunderstanding leaving said condesender looking a fool, no sir i do not.

1. Yes, you did, see quote above
2. Maybe if I was I'd understand your back-asswards speech pattern lol
3. It would've been a simple question if you knew how to ask it
4. Evidently I can and do, because I explained it:
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor, which is integrated into the hemi TB. APPS is the electronic TB system. On 03's it's under the battery box, then in 04 they switched to an actual electronic pedal.
5. Evidently YOU cannot read, or you have the reading comprehension of a kindergartner
6. You could Google things, still pretty sure you wouldn't understand them, even if dumbed down to the level of the aforementioned kindergartner
7. The last part of that paragraph looks like a drunk or a **** addict (or both) typed it, as such I ask:

ZomboMeme 17102018204812.jpg

Feel free to dig your hole bigger though LMAO