Trailer wiring not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spphil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 hemi
The left turn signal and brake light to the trailer are not working. The trailer lamp is working . I tested it with my Fluke mutimeter and there is no voltage at the pin connector on either the 4 pin or the 8 pin. Does anyone know if there is fuse in the circuit??

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
The left turn signal and brake light to the trailer are not working. The trailer lamp is working . I tested it with my Fluke mutimeter and there is no voltage at the pin connector on either the 4 pin or the 8 pin. Does anyone know if there is fuse in the circuit??
Yes there will be a fuse. I work for U-Haul so I deal with this all the time. Your trailer lights are fused separate from the truck lights. Trailer taillights, Left turn/brake and Right turn/brake are each on their own respective circuit.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There is most likely a fuse for each of the 6 wires going to the 7 pin plug (the 4 pin is just paralleled). Look I the fuse box for circuits labeled Trailer Tow

OP
OP
S

spphil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 hemi
OK I looked in the owners manual (I know I should have looked there first. I'm 72 that's my excuse ) It is fuse F09 for the left and F10 for the right . F09 was blown . I replaced the fuse and hookup the trailer and it is working. Thank you for the replies