Tranny hunting for gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Since I had my 6.7l deleted my transmission is not happy at all around 40mph and/or 50mph. If I stabilize my speed near either of these the transmission shifts up and down several times like it can't make up it's mind which gear it should be in. I don't know if this is a trans tuning issue, something related to the larger tires throwing off the speedo or something else entirely.

Anyone else experience this?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Try putting the truck in Tow/Haul mode or go to manual shift vs. full auto.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Since I had my 6.7l deleted my transmission is not happy at all around 40mph and/or 50mph. If I stabilize my speed near either of these the transmission shifts up and down several times like it can't make up it's mind which gear it should be in. I don't know if this is a trans tuning issue, something related to the larger tires throwing off the speedo or something else entirely.

My 6.4 does this; I usually put the transmission in 4th gear when I cruzing around town. It helps a lot.

Richard huber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

Richard huber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

Richard huber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a 2016 3500 with the 6.4 Jeni and 68rfe that does the same thing, I had a code come up that said it was the torque converter lock up cirquit

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I never experienced gear hunting, towing (tow/haul mode) or not. I'm completely stock with a 68RFE in a 3500 SRW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigger54