Trans tick??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
So I was sitting at the bus stop with my son this morning and when he got out of the truck to go get on the bus I hear this ticking noise from under the truck.. I get out and listen and it sounds like its coming from the Transmission.. Its just a steady tick tick tick. Is this normal out of these while sitting in park? The truck has 110,000ish miles..

OP
OP
huntram03

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
22 views and no one can tell me if theirs does the same thing? Someone has to know something!!

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
i had an 04, and before i put my exhaust and headers on, i could hear a (ticking) only when i was parked next to something i think its your (hemi tick) your hearing not the trans. If it is the trans im not to sure................lol i tried

rennaissanceman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been hearing something like that too, only in the morning when I'm stopped at a light on my way to school. It would be nice to know If i can fix it. Also it goes away when I pop it up into neutral.

Sent from my DROID 3 via the Matrix

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Drivers side??? If so your hearing the hemi tick down the exhaust near the cat I bet. Just sit and listen sounds like a soft tick, almost like an older car with a bad lifter. If thats the case its normal, sometimes a change in oil will quiet it down.

OP
OP
huntram03

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Yea I was sitting in drivers seat and my son got out passenger side front and that is when I heard it.. I am gonna take it and get a tranny flush and filter change done as soon as I get back to work.. Unfortunatly I have been off work all week with back issues, might be looking at a 2nd surgery in 5 years.. Thanks for the info fellers!

pjtj2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a '16 and I hear the tick when I put it in Drive or reverse. No ticking in neutral or park. Anyone else?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have a '16 and I hear the tick when I put it in Drive or reverse. No ticking in neutral or park. Anyone else?

Hi pjtj2k,

We certainly understand why this may be concerning! If you decide to address it with your dealer and you would like an additional layer of support please know that our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares