transfercase diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I had an earlier video link up but for some reason it has disappeared. So I made these two videos demonstrating the switch better.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

What a difference!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
The 2019s have different tcases right? Hopefully FCA didn’t nerf them like the 44-44...
I Havnt had a chance to Crawl under and see yet. I'm sure they Havnt changed em up Though.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Sister is p- isst off at me now. Told her she had to crawl under the truck and send Me a picture to make sure her t case isn't the problem one. [emoji14] It's not the 44-442b9d25f8b16cb8e0b3feac090c1fc30a.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hey guys. So I'm looking for some input on the wire tap. I had originally wanted to use posi-tap but at this point it's going to cost $75 for 30taps, personally I think that's insane! Anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys. So I'm looking for some input on the wire tap. I had originally wanted to use posi-tap but at this point it's going to cost $75 for 30taps, personally I think that's insane! Anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks

Sent you a pm

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks

Damn that's steep. At that price I'd be cool with T taps or even scotch locks. I know I've used my fair share of them after filling them full of dielectric grease, wrapping them in tape, and putting them inside loom. Haven't failed me yet (Except when you forget the grease and its outside...). Considering its all inside the truck I really don't see an issue with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Install-Bay-3MBTT-T-Tap-Connector/dp/B001JT72D4

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hey everyone. Just wanted to post a quick install video of this harness, it's quite simple anyone should be able to do it.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey everyone. Just wanted to post a quick install video of this harness, it's quite simple anyone should be able to do it.

Kudos on making this super plug and play. Can't wait to get mine in and then figure out where I'm going to install my switch. Should be nice to have next time we get a good storm system and everything turns into a muddy mess.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine says next Friday, but we'll see what USPS says once its handed off to them. Looking forward to having real 4 high.
Mine said next Wednesday I believe so the estimate is exaggerated. I know same here[emoji106]

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I received my Tcase clutch locking switch from @Brandon-w yesterday. Install was very easy, hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to mount the lock switch. It's very well made with nice connectors and Tesa tape.

Everything I've read about the 44-44 suggests the clutches are pretty weak and would slip if forced to lock. Well after installing this locking switch and testing it out, that is not case at all. The clutches hold VERY well and my truck was binding like crazy while slightly turning on dry pavement like any 4wd should. I was never so happy to hear that binding noise.

I live near the ocean so I went down to a beach parking lot where you can drive onto the sand for a little bit. With the switch off I could clearly feel the rear wheels spin before the front wheels engaged. With it on all 4 wheels spinned instantly. Just like it should. I then went to a gravel parking lot and with the switch on you could really feel all the binding and grabbing of the front tires when when fully turned. This essentially works like a GM Autotrak Tcase with this switch.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see how well this the 44-44 actually did with the clutches engaged. Was really not expecting it to grab and bind like that. After installing this switch I really believe Borg Warner designed this Tcase perfectly fine, it was just FCAs programming that nerfed it into what is on these trucks.

So I would highly recommend getting this switch from @Brandon-w if you want your 44-44 to lock up when needed but retain the 4Auto functionality.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I received my Tcase clutch locking switch from @Brandon-w yesterday. Install was very easy, hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to mount the lock switch. It's very well made with nice connectors and Tesa tape.

Everything I've read about the 44-44 suggests the clutches are pretty weak and would slip if forced to lock. Well after installing this locking switch and testing it out, that is not case at all. The clutches hold VERY well and my truck was binding like crazy while slightly turning on dry pavement like any 4wd should. I was never so happy to hear that binding noise.

I live near the ocean so I went down to a beach parking lot where you can drive onto the sand for a little bit. With the switch off I could clearly feel the rear wheels spin before the front wheels engaged. With it on all 4 wheels spinned instantly. Just like it should. I then went to a gravel parking lot and with the switch on you could really feel all the binding and grabbing of the front tires when when fully turned. This essentially works like a GM Autotrak Tcase with this switch.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see how well this the 44-44 actually did with the clutches engaged. Was really not expecting it to grab and bind like that. After installing this switch I really believe Borg Warner designed this Tcase perfectly fine, it was just FCAs programming that nerfed it into what is on these trucks.

So I would highly recommend getting this switch from @Brandon-w if you want your 44-44 to lock up when needed but retain the 4Auto functionality.

Where did you end up mounting yours at ? Still trying to decide where I want to drill a hole for mine.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where did you end up mounting yours at ? Still trying to decide where I want to drill a hole for mine.
I mounted it on the side of the center console where the map pocket is. There's small removable plate that I drilled a hole in and mounted the switch, just like @Brandon-w did.1c0880b43306119910badab7bed12821.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be taking any orders for two weeks as I am waiting on parts. I am also out of the stick on switches. I am having a hard time getting my hands on these so unfortunately I'm no longer going to be offering these.
On that note I have a smaller permenant switch, the mounting hole is much smaller than the other style switch.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the support.
Brandonff1925d9953d35ecb8eb8ad59129be02.jpg