Transmission Jerk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetiredTennisPro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had a new 2022 Ram Big Horn Hemi 4 X 4 for about 3 weeks now. I love everything about it so far. My driveway is slightly downhill. I have noticed when I pull into the driveway that the transmission bumps a bit right before I come to a complete stop. Is that a normal function of the 8 speed transmission as it gears down going downhill. Does anyone else have this issue?

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I assume this is going up hill at a low speed? Before parking.. yes my 2019 did that as well.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's not something that I've noticed. But maybe I'm not experiencing those specific driving conditions that are causing it to happen on your truck.

Maxum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had a new 2022 Ram Big Horn Hemi 4 X 4 for about 3 weeks now. I love everything about it so far. My driveway is slightly downhill. I have noticed when I pull into the driveway that the transmission bumps a bit right before I come to a complete stop. Is that a normal function of the 8 speed transmission as it gears down going downhill. Does anyone else have this issue?
I have a 2021 that does this as well. Still not sure if it's transmission or brakes causing it in my case. Seems to be a little.more noticeable now than last year though. 1st gear is pretty low on these and depending on what gearing you have, will make first even lower. I don't seem to have any other issues in any of the gears and I don't always feel it in first either, but usually when I am noticing it, it's on flat ground as well pulling from a full stop to go. Almost like it's going right to 2nd immediately when I press the gas.