Truck Running rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98hemi4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, I’ve got a 99 ram 1500 5 speed 4wd that is running like crap. Idles rough, and will barely pull itself out of the drive way. The engine has new: cap,rotor,plugs, wires, coil, o2 sensors,injectors, cam sensor and crank sensor. I’ve tested and tried everything I know to test and replace. Truck has the Hughes air gap intake so no plenum to worry about.

When I Replaced the crank sensor I ordered a manual sensor but recieved an auto sensor and installed it without checking,like a moron, and started the engine and it actually ran. I left the engine running for over ten minutes while I topped off the coolant and monitored sensor Outputs with my scanner. After turning off the engine and starting it back up I noticed An awful noise so turned it off. Removed the crank sensor and it was completely ate up. After installing the correct crank sensor , the engine misses and has no power.
So, my question is, could I have ruined the tone ring on the flywheel?
thanks for any reply’s

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you replace the sensors with mopar/OEM ? Aftermarket can cause hair loss .