True or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I have tried to watch a few of his videos and gave up. Seemed to be just one man’s opinion with no citations or market factual evidence to support.

There are other channels who do produce sales data with sources cited, I believe them more.

The stuff I have seen indicates slower sales. Not surprising; inflation + high interest.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Not sure about his facts, but the way he holds his camera out at an arms length annoys me for some reason

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
maybe a little off, but salesman was telling me some guys come in and buy a $120k truck, only to drive it off the lot and a year later they lose $75k in the resale price.

not sure how true that is, but evidently people are dropping $100k on a pickup. We all know that once you drive off the lot, the value just dropped maybe 5 grand. What a racket vehicles are.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Trucks used to be pretty simple. They had roll up windows and few amenities. Then truck dealers started to realize that the money was in fancy well equiped trucks. Now the public is sold on heated mirrors and leather seats. Americans seem to be vulnerable to all of the sales hype. Sure you can spend $100k or more for a truck, but why would you? I have a 2022 Ram Bighorn and it feels like a spaceship compared to my last 7.3 liter Ford. It cost $68k and is holding its value very well.

Vehicles last a lot longer than they used to. People old enough to remember, have experience with American cars and trucks that did not go much past 100k miles. I expect a diesel truck to go 300k miles. I expect a Lexus car to go well over 200 k miles with the right maintenance.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Yes and No. Interest rates are hurting sales overall, no doubt. Half-tons do seem to be stacking up for all brands. HD pickups, not so much. Ram has definitely priced themselves out of their traditional "value proposition", and it is taking its toll. They are steadily losing market share both due to pricing, and, especially on the HDs, for lack of updates/improvements. GM truck for truck comes in substantially under the price of an equally equipped Ram HD. That's not an opinion, that's a fact, as I just went through it buying a dually. On the flip side, GM(and Ford) are playing serious allocation games with their dealers, and it is difficult to get a legitimate pre-sold order picked up. I waited 14 weeks with a somewhat local GMC dealer before canceling, and placing a new order with a "high volume" out of state dealer. After 12 weeks GM had still not picked up the order. So, I had to swallow my principle, and spend thousands more for a Bighorn dually. The good news is the order was picked up immediately.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
maybe a little off, but salesman was telling me some guys come in and buy a $120k truck, only to drive it off the lot and a year later they lose $75k in the resale price.

not sure how true that is, but evidently people are dropping $100k on a pickup. We all know that once you drive off the lot, the value just dropped maybe 5 grand. What a racket vehicles are.
my powerwagon cost me 100k and has almost every option because i like comfort and convienience,but i don't plan to sell it.my wife is on the list for a cybertruck that will cost her close to 100k,and the wait list for one is 5 years long.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dunno. Seems like a lot of Peeps got Money to burn. It hurt enuf buying my 2019,. Now, if I was in a bizness and needed fleet of vehicles and all that, be different. How ne body can afford to plunk down over 100K and more not counting financing on a rolling computer is a Better man than this lowly BOIRD, but just IMHO.....

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If i was in the market for a vehicle that cost more than say $75,000
I would decide just what vehicle, car or truck that i like to look at, more than any other.
Than i would go on a nation wide search, in Canada & USA.
for that vehicle that was in the best possible condition.

I would go to the Big auctions,etc.
Then i would take it to a Carriage business & have them put the final touches on it.

It would have roll up & electric windows,
Once a vehicle goes into deeper water, the battery goes dead quickly, dead batteries stop you from getting out of an electrically controlled switch, windows, doors, etc.

20 some years ago, i had a Superintendent that could not get out of his car until someone worked the door open, locksmith or body shop. It was good that he was in his own driveway.
We have several washes here in the foothills

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2y ago lots around here were bare.
Now they are full of truck and they are back to having the ******** 10K off in the window.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Trucks used to be pretty simple. They had roll up windows and few amenities. Then truck dealers started to realize that the money was in fancy well equiped trucks. Now the public is sold on heated mirrors and leather seats. Americans seem to be vulnerable to all of the sales hype. Sure you can spend $100k or more for a truck, but why would you? I have a 2022 Ram Bighorn and it feels like a spaceship compared to my last 7.3 liter Ford. It cost $68k and is holding its value very well.

Vehicles last a lot longer than they used to. People old enough to remember, have experience with American cars and trucks that did not go much past 100k miles. I expect a diesel truck to go 300k miles. I expect a Lexus car to go well over 200 k miles with the right maintenance.
Not all of us fell for the hype. Manual locks and windows, zero options other than a brake controller and tow hooks...and a bedliner they gave me for free because they buggered up something. Not even any carpet or cloth seats. I bought a truck and none of that fancy stuff would make it more comfortable to ride in. And I paid considerably less than $50k.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
WHEN they make a truck that can't be stolen off of a Dealership Sales Lot.
I will consider buying a new truck.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Dude,
It isn't that the truck costs to much, it is that the VALUE of your Dollars have gone DOWN!

Distinction without a difference.

Prices are going to shoot up again, the awesome unions nicely wrecking the world for all of us even further.

Remember when non-union auto makers prices plummeted? And how cheap Mexican made 2500s are? Right. Quit blaming the middle class workers for your ills.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Remember when non-union auto makers prices plummeted? And how cheap Mexican made 2500s are? Right. Quit blaming the middle class workers for your ills.

Welp, touched a few nerves I see. Your 5 year old grasp on economics is very cute.