Tuner and power train warranty.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummings
So the dealership is saying that it can void my warranty on my transmission. They want me to pay 2700 to start the job, also saying that Chrysler may want pictures taken of the engine and a diagnostic test done on the vehicle to see if it has a tuner to void the warranty. The transmission was re built last year for the same problem P0729 truck has 75k miles.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I've heard of this. But I've also heard of guys getting their warranty voided and fighting it saying they needed to prove that's what caused the part to fail and not poor workmanship/faulty parts leading to its failure.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My first question is---do you have a tuner? If they believe the damage was done as a result of a tuner they can in fact refuse to pay for the repair. You can fight with them if you like but IMHO your taking on a huge corporation with a room full of staff attorneys to defend their decision. You can fight with them but I think it would be cheaper just to pay to have your truck fixed. Any of us with tuners could face the same problem that you are having right now. Good luck!
Jay

bmclark25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently had issues with getting Ram to cover the powertrain warranty on my truck. Their customer service was terrible and they will deny the claim without even a phone call. I ended up paying for the repair out of pocket. My claim was denied because the tech could not positively say how the damage occurred

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tuners usually do and should void a powertrain warranty.
Why do you tune? Usually for more power, which puts oem parts closer to the fail point.

Pay to play.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they caught you'll have to pay. You knew the risk when you decided to tuned her. You've got to pay to play bro.
Of course all assuming you indeed have a tune. If you don't and they're phacking you up you can lawyer up and sue their asses for being idiots.

There are shops that could rebuild the trans cheaper than whatever the stealer will charge you.

Good luck either way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca