Type C Charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin phipps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone found a charger that would fit the Type C port? I have a Android phone so it has the micro USB on the phone end. Thanks!

Scott2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try Amazon,I found a few for my IPhone on there yesterday.I didn’t purchase one yet because my IPhone 6+ doesn’t support fast charging according to an Apple tech I talked to.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an Iphone 5. I just plug in USB to either under radio, and Voila. Charging and apple car play, just saying...

U can always plug USB to phone in USB plug in actual center console in the back of the upper cover...

PEYTON THOMPSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased a USB c to USB c cable on Amazon and the turbo charger function for my Motorola z2 works great .I drive an hour to work every day and this has my phone from 20% to 100% in my drive time.

rook247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought a cord from Best buy I think for a MacBook. Type c to type c, I got a Google pixel but I don't believe it fast charges my phone. Google fixed the new os and my phone is capable of fast charging but it doesn't in the truck. I hadn't looked to far into yet but I wasn't even sure if that port was a fast charge port.

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got bored and thought I would try and put in a wireless charger since I put my phone in the front cubby. Since it is an R/T I have the full length console. I got 12v converter to a USB port. I just have it attached on the bottom and a piece of rubber molding to keep my phone from going too far back. I need to set one in the front also to keep my phone in place.

It's not pretty but it works. I might try to come up with a way to make it look better later.

View attachment New Bitmap Image.jpg

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a USB c to USB c cable on Amazon and the turbo charger function for my Motorola z2 works great .I drive an hour to work every day and this has my phone from 20% to 100% in my drive time.
I always wondered why they installed a type c... so it's for fast charging? Hopefully it works for my galaxy s8

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963