UCA’s necessary with four inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m about the drop the hammer on a 4 inch super lift. Is it necessary to run zone upper control arms with the four inch? Also does anyone have an idea of how how high this will make the truck. It fits in a garage right now that is 82 inches I believe. Tried a rough measure and got 74 inches stock four inch lift would put it at 78 with a little wiggle room I think but I’d like to hear other with a four inch fitting in garage?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is my 4" Super Lift with Bill 6112s set to 0.8 as you can see the UCA is perfectly level. The only people that need those expensive UCAs are the ones that are to cheap to buy real lifts and get those garbage puck level kits.

You will need Suspension Maxx endlinks as the Super lift only includes garbage pot metal extensions.

nc_ohc=AAq0CSFms5YAX8wiYjj&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg

9B4DKB&tn=Che8N-qyNWYdl7C9&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.jpg

BolletuH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you receive new steering knuckles with the lift then no it shouldn't be required. I can't imagine any 4" lift not including them. Your height change will be slightly less than the overall lift height plus whatever size height change in tires you make.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you receive new steering knuckles with the lift then no it shouldn't be required. I can't imagine any 4" lift not including them. Your height change will be slightly less than the overall lift height plus whatever size height change in tires you make.
So you think it will fit?

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Should be no need to UCA’s. I have a Zone 6” and bilsteins at 2.1 on top of that for 40k miles with stock arms and zero issues.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With a real 4" lift kit UCA's are not needed unless you add lift in addition to that up front like bils set at 2"+

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With a real 4" lift kit UCA's are not needed unless you add lift in addition to that up front like bils set at 2"+
So with that super lift and the bilsteins not cranked no need for another 500 worth of upper control arms…this lift

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
If you want a truck that can handle I'd say get them, but only after the stockers need replacing. Also not all aftermarket UCA's are the same. Some just allow for suspension travel while others include angle correction.

Your build will dicate which you need or want.

The only thing that hurts is the wallet but after having them I wouldn't go back.

20210106_165111.jpg

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want a truck that can handle I'd say get them, but only after the stockers need replacing. Also not all aftermarket UCA's are the same. Some just allow for suspension travel while others include angle correction.

The only thing that hurts is the wallet but after having them I wouldn't go back.

View attachment 475992
I like the red as I have a pearl coat black ram. I get the pint but 500 extra isn’t going to help anything when this super lift is gonna cost be 1800 if I get the bilsteins for the four inch super lift.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 475992
When will I know the stockers need replacement? It will save me 500 for breaks that I also need.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
When will I know the stockers need replacement? It will save me 500 for breaks that I also need.

Your ball joints will be toast, your tires will wear unevenly, and or worst case scenario you lose the whole wheel.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your ball joints will be toast, your tires will wear unevenly, and or worst case scenario you lose the whole wheel.
Jeez don’t say that it seems I don’t need uppers with just a 4 inch superlift.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jeez don’t say that it seems I don’t need uppers with just a 4 inch superlift.
No you don't need them. And if you do get some you'd just need the stock spec replacements (eg. Mevotech TTX), which are fairly cheap.

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
X2 on what most have said in here. A true 4" diff drop kit and new knuckles like the superlift has, will keep your UCA's at the stock angles. No new UCA's would be needed. You could go ahead and replace them while you're having the kit installed to save yourself later.

If keeping it at 4-5" of lift in the front a set of factory replacements would be needed, not an angle correction one like ZONE or ICON etc. the Mevotech TTX UCA's are a great upgrade over the stock ones, and very affordable.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
X2 on what most have said in here. A true 4" diff drop kit and new knuckles like the superlift has, will keep your UCA's at the stock angles. No new UCA's would be needed. You could go ahead and replace them while you're having the kit installed to save yourself later.

If keeping it at 4-5" of lift in the front a set of factory replacements would be needed, not an angle correction one like ZONE or ICON etc. the Mevotech TTX UCA's are a great upgrade over the stock ones, and very affordable.
Why would factory set be needed when others just said I don’t. I need breaks so trying not to worry about uppers if I will be ok.

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why would factory set be needed when others just said I don’t. I need breaks so trying not to worry about uppers if I will be ok.

They wouldn't be needed. However when lifting your truck you'll probably be putting larger tires with more offset on, which will wear out the ball joints quicker. Since you're going to have the front end apart anyway, for only 100 bucks more you could go ahead and upgrade. Ball joints typically go for 100k miles so depending on the mileage of the truck it may be worth it.

If you plan on doing it yourself I'd say wait, it's a pretty easy job. If you will have a shop do it, you'll save about 250 bucks down the road if you do it with the lift.

OP
OP
J

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They wouldn't be needed. However when lifting your truck you'll probably be putting larger tires with more offset on, which will wear out the ball joints quicker. Since you're going to have the front end apart anyway, for only 100 bucks more you could go ahead and upgrade. Ball joints typically go for 100k miles so depending on the mileage of the truck it may be worth it.

If you plan on doing it yourself I'd say wait, it's a pretty easy job. If you will have a shop do it, you'll save about 250 bucks down the road if you do it with the lift.
This 15 only has 27k miles so what exactly are you saying go to upgrade?

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This 15 only has 27k miles so what exactly are you saying go to upgrade?
with only 27k on it and if you don't offroad I wouldn't worry about uca's if you keep it at 4"