Uconnect Canada version can it be upgraded?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hello, I have a ram 1500 that was originally sold in Canada, therefor the Uconnect is not compatible with the US version Uconnect, basically it doesn’t have the apps. That I don’t really care about. I was told it can’t be upgraded because it wasn’t pre-wired for this.

Hence, my question. I see that I can buy a new display now that comes preprogrammed for my vehicle based on my vin and instead of Uconnect it comes with android and Carplay , which I would actually prefer.
As Uconnect to me is pretty worthless.

So for my Canadian friend or US friends with a Canadian truck, can you just switch out the display for the newer version and will it work? or is there actually a wiring difference that the email I got from Uconnect states? (I don’t believe them, as I think its actually more a 4g sim issues imho), but asking those experienced with it will be the wiser....

anthony jimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@swapwap did you ever swap your radio out? i have the exact same issue. Im in US but purchased a Canadian built truck and was unaware of the complications with the radio. if you did buy a radio where did you get it from, how does it look, how does it operate with all the other functions and of course cost. Thanks

OP
OP
swapwap

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not as my stealership said it can’t. There are 3rd party manufactures with google maps instead of the original mapping system and they are android based but you lose the look of manufacturer... so I haven’t done anything yet and just don’t have the app function or even updated maps at this,point. I’ll,eventually,do something but aftermarket heads with newer software if over 1200$ and incompatible with some of the integration of the Oem cpu from what I am told