UConnect/Radio Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjaysullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have had the issue of "channel surfing" and then the syste reset and and now I have "setting surfing" (resetting time) -- both appear to be issues with Uconnect or the hardware. Uconnect states I have the most current software. Help of suggestions appreciated.

guillory

Reaction score
My HEIGH10 is getting installed right now. I can’t wait to see how it comes out tomorrow! The only issue they are having is finding so ewhere to place my remote control for my Alpine PWd-X5. Apparently its larger than others and I cannot install amp sub without it.

ShipCopTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter HEMI
Well I wound up with a new radio from my dealership. So far so good. No cost to me.

guillory

Reaction score
My HEIGH10 was installed but I need to bring it back. My vehicle information does not show as advertised as well as by rear camera. Anyone else have similar issues?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unless, of course, I purchase another a Ram with a build date after '18 I won't get away from this.
LOL my 2018 with a 4/18 build date is going in for its third radio. Seems like the older Rams had less radio issues than the newer ones.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
does the display fasten over the oem one or does the oem unit come out and is replaced by the Heigh unit

knightsga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to this and hoping to get some help/guidance. I have a 2018 1500 Lone Star. This is my fourth Ram and have never had any major issues....until now. A few months ago, after the last UConnect update, the radio started 'channel surfing'. The problem has gotten so bad that the radio can't be used at all. I can't get it to stop running through the music channels and inputs long enough to use it. Now it starts this crazy stuff as son as I start the engine. AND it has de-laminated half the screen.

I've contacted Chrysler and was told it's a software issue through UConnect. I contacted UConnect and all I was told is my system has the latest update based on my VIN. My dealer told me they will not replace the radio because it's a software problem and not hardware and, besides, the warranty has expired.

My question - what is the best replacement I can get that will allow me to continue using Android Auto, the reverse camera, and Sirius XM? And is this replacement UConnect free and DIY installable?

The truck runs fine and everything else associated to the radio works (i.e. I can still use the reverse camera and can get text message alerts). I can't get phone calls or reply to a text message anymore either. Not that it's a big deal for me but hands-free is a priority considering I live in a large city.

Any help is appreciated.
I too have the 2018 Ram Laramie with Uconnect radio. The problem is delamination of the display screen. If you want the same radio that will ensure you have all the bells and whistles of the former radio, then you will drop $1700 to a dealer. They will not sell the screen separately. Besides, the glue has dripped down into the screen causing the delamination and you will never get it out. That is causing the "ghosting" of channel surfing, changing radio stations or other screens. @DodgeCares is of no help except to tell you to take it to a dealer.

Rafacast64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you both for your recommendations with this matter! We appreciate your tag!

Rob
Ram Cares
I took my 2015 to the dealer because same problem,they wam to charge me 1094.00 for a refurbished