Uconnect screen having issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2nd time now. First time was some months back. Truck is not driven a whole bunch. Bought mid June 2018. First time it happened we turned it off and went in to shop for an hour. Came back out and it was fine. Just started it up and here it is again. Truck has about 4800 miles on it. Anyone else seen this or had to get it fixed?

Truck Screen.jpg

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
2nd time now. First time was some months back. Truck is not driven a whole bunch. Bought mid June 2018. First time it happened we turned it off and went in to shop for an hour. Came back out and it was fine. Just started it up and here it is again. Truck has about 4800 miles on it. Anyone else seen this or had to get it fixed?

View attachment 193682
Hi Rockyhammock, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local RAM dealer again, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
RamCares

OP
OP
Rockyhammock

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. Supposedly there was a software update done. I still wish I could see the actual service bulletin on this issue.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thank you. Supposedly there was a software update done. I still wish I could see the actual service bulletin on this issue.
Hi Rockyhammock, I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle via the link below. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
Rob
RamCares

alexcomp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am loving my new Ram Limited but my 12" Uconnect "glitched" this morning. I had the display in NAV mode and I just love how big and clear the rolling map is.

Now the problem:
Parked at my customer - did my service call - backing out to her driveway the rear facing camera deployed, as it should. As I went into drive, the camera stayed on in surround mode and nothing I could do would turn off the cameras. Couldn't kill with the X, Couldn't push the volume button to turn off and change modes. I could change cameras and my center dash display controls worked but stayed stuck in camera mode. (and I had just gone a new tricky route figuring the NAV would save me - Whoops).

Turned the ignition off for several minutes - back on and still stuck. Went into my bank for 15 or so and it rebooted or reset and all well now.

This was very inconvenient and unsettling.

Can I manually initiate a hard reset to the bios and software if it happens again? Waiting 15 minutes for a reset unacceptable. Is there a firmware update and where do I look for my level?

Anybody else experience this kind of partial freeze?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963