UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magnetmandan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Their reply sounds like an attempt to take away the sting of your tweet. They are fully aware of the situation but are playing it like they aren't aware of it and are going to "document it."

I agree. Mostly why I’m not holding my breath.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I have messaged them countless times on twitter and Facebook- Ram Trucks, FCA and Uconnect. They’ll just apologize for their incompetence and tell you it’s being worked on with no eta. Same thing they already told you.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
True. Do they really need a name and VIN to know how long they have ignored the issue?

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
True. Do they really need a name and VIN to know how long they have ignored the issue?

Well, I've opened at least three cases with Ram "Customer Care" including my name and VIN. I get an email reply acknowledging the problem and saying it's being worked on with no ETA. When I reply back, I get a auto-reply message stating that my case has been closed. They are not even bothering to keep the case open until it's fixed.

RainDodger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I'm a BRAND NEWBIE guy here... this is my post number 1 (yes, one!). I'm also the owner of a brand new 2019 Classic with the 8.4" 4C (no nav) UConnect. I've found something that doesn't sit right with me on UConnect and I wonder if it's been talked about - I've looked around and not seen the issue before - perhaps it's new. Truck mfg date is 8/2018 but it's brand new - 300 miles!

UConnect works fine, but when it replies to me, the voice is loud enough to blow my eardrums! (slight exaggeration). I can lower the voice volume to an acceptable level, but the next time UConnect replies to one of my commands, the volume is way high again. There's apparently no way to set the default volume level.

Here's what I've done: 1) the sales guy is excellent and he doesn't know, 2) the local dealer service guys have no solution, and 3) I just spent a half hour talking on the phone with the UConnect tech people. They spent the half hour looking at an identical system and there's apparently NO way to adjust the UConnect voice level default. I'm already tired of reaching for the volume control right before she speaks to me... if I can get there in time.

Anybody experience this?

(don't mean to hijack a thread - I can start a fresh one but thought I'd ask here)

Last edited:

Cstan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I'm a BRAND NEWBIE guy here... this is my post number 1 (yes, one!). I'm also the owner of a brand new 2019 Classic with the 8.4" 4C (no nav) UConnect. I've found something that doesn't sit right with me on UConnect and I wonder if it's been talked about - I've looked around and not seen the issue before - perhaps it's new. Truck mfg date is 8/2018 but it's brand new - 300 miles!

UConnect works fine, but when it replies to me, the voice is loud enough to blow my eardrums! (slight exaggeration). I can lower the voice volume to an acceptable level, but the next time UConnect replies to one of my commands, the volume is way high again. There's apparently no way to set the default volume level.

Here's what I've done: 1) the sales guy is excellent and he doesn't know, 2) the local dealer service guys have no solution, and 3) I just spent a half hour talking on the phone with the UConnect tech people. They spent the half hour looking at an identical system and there's apparently NO way to adjust the UConnect voice level default. I'm already tired of reaching for the volume control right before she speaks to me... if I can get there in time.

Anybody experience this?

(don't mean to hijack a thread - I can start a fresh one but thought I'd ask here)
That's one of the many symptoms of the crap OTA update we received in September of 2018. Sorry for your inconveniences and welcome to our little club.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6

Anybody experience this?

Experience it all the time.

Welcome to our world.

RainDodger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice to know! How do we ensure that they know about the problem and fix it in the next upgrade?

Thanks for the info, guys.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice to know! How do we ensure that they know about the problem and fix it in the next upgrade?

Since it seems that none of the social media posts and case numbers opened have helped, I say all of us replace our UConnect systems with aftermarket radios, make the big stock radios into little radio pieces, fill a dump truck with the little pieces, and dump them all on UConnect's front step early one Monday morning so no one can get in the building...then open a class action lawsuit to make them pay for our aftermarket stereos.

Sort of like how some guys on a ship in Boston Harbor did it a long time ago.

But that's my rage talking. I can still dream. I'll wake up now and continue muttering to myself about my crappy radio.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6

They know about it. They know.

But if you wanted to add your voice to the chorus, you can contact Ram Customer Support and UConnect customer support. Open a case with both entities. Jot down the case number and make a note of what was discussed. Follow up in a week or two and quote your case number and ask about progress.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Ram

https://www.driveuconnect.com/contact-us.html

14MDRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome so even the Classic 2019s are being sold with this crap. I really can't comprehend how this issue hasn't been resolved yet.