UDYSPWGN “Build”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2016 power wagon and Im curious as to what oil temp you were getting pulling your trailer. My coolant temps and trans temp are great but noticed when I pulled a 20ft cargo trailer that probably weighed 5000lbs total and my oil temp got up around 240 on a 65-70 degree day. I didnt feel like the truck was working all that hard and was pulling the trailer with ease in my opinion. I crossed a few small hills but really it was pretty flat road. Im thinking maybe the 35's and thuren level are working the truck harder than I think and wanted to ask someone with the same setup as mine what they are getting. Also I did have a 2015 6.4 that was leveled but on stock size tires and dont ever remember the temp climbing up like that and I towed much heavier loads than this. I know 240 isnt hurting the redline oil I have in it but seems higher that I was expecting.

OP
OP
Udy2554

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 power wagon and Im curious as to what oil temp you were getting pulling your trailer. My coolant temps and trans temp are great but noticed when I pulled a 20ft cargo trailer that probably weighed 5000lbs total and my oil temp got up around 240 on a 65-70 degree day. I didnt feel like the truck was working all that hard and was pulling the trailer with ease in my opinion. I crossed a few small hills but really it was pretty flat road. Im thinking maybe the 35's and thuren level are working the truck harder than I think and wanted to ask someone with the same setup as mine what they are getting. Also I did have a 2015 6.4 that was leveled but on stock size tires and dont ever remember the temp climbing up like that and I towed much heavier loads than this. I know 240 isnt hurting the redline oil I have in it but seems higher that I was expecting.

Sorry so long to reply! I’ve had temps go into the warning range once! Pulling about 12,000lb of a loaded Fury toyhauler! It was up a grade at very slow speeds following a bunch of trucks with trailers into a riding area!

Wheeling in low range locked I’ve approached some temps that made me nervous! That was 30,000miles ago!

At 58,000, so far so good!

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No sweat! Thanks for the reply. I’m thinking either it’s due to bigger tires and the Thuren level or a partially blocked oil cooler. Even when I’m cruising on the highway and my rpms are above 2k it will run 224ish until I get the rpms under 2k. That’s completely empty no load behind me. Sorry don’t mean to put this in your build thread. Just curious from another truck with similar setup.