Undercoating.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can try looking for NH Oil Undercoating or Fluid Film installers.

Krown is mostly way northern US and Canada.
I have done fluid film an it didn't seem to do much plus when summer came it was a PITA to work on the truck. I like those pictures someone posted of that brown stuff on the frame

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine

MK96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks a lot, will look into it :)

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Luckily tectyl is a product we use on shanks of bolts, etc to prevent corrosion on airplanes. I have access to it for free ;)

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The company that did my car states on there website that they use

in doos and holes they use Tectyl 4d750

And for the under side / out side Tectyl 5765w-a

the hole process is explaind in Swedish here, so translate with google or something and you have it all ;)

https://www.tectylstockholm.se/rostskydd/underredsbehandling
The coverage of that product looks amazing! Does it dry to a solid form at all? It looks like it is about to run down and drip everywhere.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I Got Ziebart on a 2003 2500 and managed to install a 6in lift without too much trouble. I had my 2015 1500 done also. Both were done when new. I think something is better than nothing but on a truck that isn't new and has some surface rust already I would probably lean toward the fluid film.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was kind of leery of the Krown job done on my truck last fall. It seemed like they skimped on the application. But now that it's spring time and we've had some warm days, I can see the products creeping out from body panels, etc. Underside looks really rust free, as you'd hope on a 2017 Ram. Good thing about oil based products like Krown is, sure you're going to get dirty when you have to do work under the truck, but it's going to make bolts, etc, come off easier.

My father in law on the other hand got suckered into a $600 Ziebart job on his spotless 2017 Nissan Frontier (currently 8K miles on it)

The underside is caked with that roofing tar like stuff in those nightmare youtube videos. I told him not to, but he had it done anyway.

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always cringe and truely feel bad when I hear someone say they put ziebart on their vehicles. Good luck ever fixing anything or finding a shop that will agree to work on your vehicle nowadays

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Living just outside Toronto Canada, rust-proofing is something that is a must. I've had different types over the years and none have been effective, except Krown rust-proofing. After a ton of research, it is the only one that has proven results. All the undercoating types just trap moisture, they dry and crack and then the moisture gets in. The "ion" electrical is garbage. But getting it done with Krown once per year is the right way to go, and it's used by our Military on all their vehicles, which to me is a solid endorsement. Couple that with a good waxing for the exterior a few times a year to ensure the outside is sealed and that will be as good as it gets.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
While I believe that Krown is a good product as is Fluid Film.
I had what I feel is a better product applied to my truck it was Waxoly,
https://www.waxoyl-usa.com/products/corrosion-protection/120-4.html
I am going to have it touched up this summer.
The place that did mine had to have the truck for 4 days, day one they washed the undercarriage.
day two was to allow it to dry, day three was to apply the various products and day 4 was to let it set up and dissipate the fumes.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The place that did mine had to have the truck for 4 days, day one they washed the undercarriage.
day two was to allow it to dry, day three was to apply the various products and day 4 was to let it set up and dissipate the fumes.

How much does an application cost?

T.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Living just outside Toronto Canada, rust-proofing is something that is a must.

I've got some Canadian co-workers I enjoy talking cars with. They view yearly Krown applications like it's something as routine as an engine oil change. It's barely thought about, it just gets done. Like I say.. the franchise didn't move into the Buffalo NY area until about 2yrs ago.

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
I takes 3 days here in Sweden and costs $1.021

Last edited:

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great. But expensive. If I remember (never had it done) but the known coating and the like are fraction of the cost.

And I like the idea of one coating for the lifetime of the vehicle. But what about for those of us that change or modify parts of our trucks? Will I have to re-coat for the new parts?

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
How much does an application cost?

T.

I don't recall right now I think it was between 2-300 but it's been a few years had it done in 2015

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441