Upgrade Alpine sub & speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Menace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
Quick question. Does anyone know which wiring adapter I need for the dash speakers?

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Metra 72-7902 from Crutchfield
Dash takes one type, doors another. For some reason dash harness is a pita to find.. I took my + and - crimped some flat speaker spades? and just plugged them in and taped the harness, later I bought the correct plugs just because I'm finicky. Worked fine that way. Cover for speaker just snaps in, just need to use something to get under it and the plastic is soft, so need to be gentle to not scratch it.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I'm 52, so into older music really, but I do like some newer stuff. I found once you get those front speakers in, these songs are crazy good sounding, can appreciate them even if you dont like the type of music. Try em out, vocals, mid bass sounds great. Taylor Swift-look what you made me do, Hey Violet-O.D.D, Lana Del Ray-West Coast, Toto- Rosanna, and Noah Cyru's-Make Me Cry. I use these when testing my highs and mid bass in my vehicles. A few even have some good bass drops. Turn up to 29, set bass at middle, mids in middle and treble to like 3/4 way + up on eq. On bluetooth gets louder than even usb. Oh and 2 more songs that sound crazy good in these trucks with those front speakers, Julia Michael's-Issues and Portugal the man-feel it still.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the PAC is not an option, look into this solution from Net Audio. They really know their stuff and are happy to talk you through your plan.
https://www.netaudiowf.com/product/dodge-ram-alpine-subwoofer-line-output-converter/

I think I asked this already, but I’ll try again...
Has anybody tried this converter out? Curious if it does a pretty good job? I get that it’s not an amp PRO but for 1/6 of the price will I get some decent clean bass with range out of my alpine S 10 and mrv500?

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Slight f-up... I got my alpine s 10 in the mail today. It’s dual 2ohm coils. Do I need to return it? Amp is alpine mrv 500 2 or 4ohm mono

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Amp only rated for 300w rms @ 4ohms, which is what a dual 2ohm will give you so for your application a dual 4 would be better as you'll get the full 500 rms. However, if you decide to add another 10 then you have the sub you want as a pair of dual 2ohm will get you 2 ohm.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That said, my door speakers are 2ohm and I'm running 4 channels bridged to 2 for them and the amp is only rated for 4ohm when bridged and all seems fine since the gains aren't set very high so although I wont recommend it you could probably wire the sub to 1 ohm and leave the gain set lower.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anybody tried this converter out? Curious if it does a pretty good job? I get that it’s not an amp PRO but for 1/6 of the price will I get some decent clean bass with range out of my alpine S 10 and mrv500?

Based on their reputation I would trust it to work very well. It will give you the same bass signal that was feeding the factory sub. That signal will have some processing done to it to make up for the cheap factory sub. It won’t give you the really low lows and it may attenuate the punchier range a little bit.

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after some some thinking about my needs on the stereo, I’ve decided to try going the lower cost route. I’ve done the infinity 3.5 dash corners and I’ve ordered a pair of the matching infinity 6x9 3 ways for the rear.

As for boom... I’m doing an alpine s 4ohm (dual voice coil) 10” with a sealed Atrend box which matches the Alpine suggested space.
Powering it with an MRV-500 mono amp and the net audio plug and play into factory sub harness.

If this system doesn’t suit my needs (which I bet it will) I could go with the AmpPRO CH41 and add a second amp to run the 4 aftermarket speakers and all I will be out is the net audio adapter which I could likely sell for close to purchase price :)

I will update when everything gets here and is installed in the next few weeks.

Thanks again you guys!!!

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Get your panties in a bunch often? He asked for suggestions and help making his sound better. That’s pretty much exactly what this forum is for.

Whatever meds you're on....CUT THE DOSE.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
It’s my first ram, why wouldn’t I ask guys who have rams what combo works and doesn’t
for them?

what is a forum for? Tips and advice mostly. You get the Really????

I’ve been getting so much good advice here and things are staring to come together. You don’t like the thread? Please... don’t click on it!

Anyways, this thread has been great for me and thanks to you all for sharing your experiences.
I now have an amp, sub and box plus some infinity speakers. (All on the way)
Keep you posted

Again, personal preference. NOT something to be asked on a forum. When you brush your teeth, do you ask what toothbrush to use??

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again, personal preference. NOT something to be asked on a forum. When you brush your teeth, do you ask what toothbrush to use??
Still going on with this, hey? In the business, we call people like you a troll. Again, pretty much everything posted on this FORUM is advice and opinions. My opinion of you is:
You are an ass.

Edit: I just did a quick search on your recent posts... yep, you’re a certified **** disturber.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I found the Amp pro ch41 for under 160 open box on Amazon, so keep eye out, you may find one cheap. I can't Remember exact price I paid, but think was $131. I'm just using the Amp pro for the subwoofers and the OEM alpine Amp to run the interior speakers.

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool! That’s double what I’ve seen it for. I figure for $60 I can try the net audio harness and maybe it will be solid. I will obviously update once it gets here.
Now the only wire I’ll have to run is the sub control knob

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Ya, I used the factory outputs at first, if you don't listen to deep bass like rap you should be ok. I still need to install these infinity kappa 1200w subs that I just got in mail, I don't know why but they are selling cheap now, even have selectable impedance so can run on 1 or 2ohm in sets of 2 and are 600 watts rms. Used to be in $200 range and now are $99 new. They look really pretty in person, carbon fiber cone etc, look expensive, not like that matters in the truck. They would look really good in my Camaro ss, since trunk area is a carbon fiber material all custom done, but I need a little better subs than these cheap $40 Pioneer Champion ones I am using now, they tend to bottom out when up all the way and certain bass notes, but I am overpowering them, supposed to handle 400 watts and I am sending 550 rms to each. I may get a Amp also that puts out a bit more power, this Rockville db14 has been great for like 16 months, but there's not alot of dynamic power, 1,100 watts is 1,100 watts, in good quality amps when big bass hits it many can burst to higher for quick second. Been seeing these semi budget wolfram amps, crazy power for $249, great build quality, something like 1,000 watts 4ohm, 4,000 watts 1ohm, little too much for me, would need new everything. Looking at getting a 1,500 watts rms with some dynamic power.

Screenshot_20190519_201402_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping~2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1)Those will sound great!

2)Yes I do listen to shade 45, so I’ll see how it goes when I get it hooked up.

3) let’s see some pics of the camero. Inside and out!

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Trunk is as I was working on it, for some reason I can't find some photos that are on phone. When I select upload file just shows some. I have it on 32 way adjustable coilovers, long tube headers, intake, tune. Is a 2010, 20s with 315 rear tires, had 22 inch wheels but they were heavy. I hit opossum a few years back so bought a Zl1 oem front end and changed up front bumper. Stereo is the top on line Sony before the new model came out last year, wouldn't suggest a Sony to anyone, the screen looks fantastic, but not many sound options like setting slope etc just basic stuff like eq and a lpf and hpf, my Pioneer cheaper touch screen radio on my durango has much more features. I put in a oem style aftermarket kit, so looks factory in dash and uses old ac controls off original. I have a 4 channel 175watts rms x 4 Kenwood Amp running the 6.5 comp in doors and rear deck speakers and a mono Kenwood Amp running subs, but prob going to redo the floor in trunk to hide amps and do a larger Amp for subs and possibly a dsp.

Screenshot_20190520_090311.png

Screenshot_20190520_090157.png

FB_IMG_1490781464189.jpg

Last edited: