Upgrade interior to Laramie interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justintoolbox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey fellow Mopar friends , I am new to this forum !
I have a 2010 ram 2500 mega cab 6.7 Cummins big horn . I have been wanting to upgrade the full interior to the Laramie interior , but i have also wanted to swap the interior to the 2013+ Laramie interior . Does any one have any insight on either swap or experience doing either swap ? Any help or insight would be great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
The seats are wired completely different from the 2010-2012 to the 2013+. If you are looking at manual seats you could probably get it wired up. A lot of great write ups for adding heated/vented seats into an express 2013+ truck if you search the thread. A few people have completely destroyed some good 2013+ seats trying. Haven’t heard of any success.

OP
OP
Justintoolbox

Justintoolbox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The seats are wired completely different from the 2010-2012 to the 2013+. If you are looking at manual seats you could probably get it wired up. A lot of great write ups for adding heated/vented seats into an express 2013+ truck if you search the thread. A few people have completely destroyed some good 2013+ seats trying. Haven’t heard of any success.

Do you know if i could just run some seats out of a 2010-2012 ? An it be just plug an play ?

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Do you know if i could just run some seats out of a 2010-2012 ? An it be just plug an play ?

Don’t have a 2012 truck and have not messed with it. If you have the diagrams for it and can see if you are missing any wiring would be a good start. Pretty sure if you find out what wiring and pins are missing you could probably get it working. I know the AlphaOBD program has added support for the 2010-2012 systems to get it turned on in the BCM. If you have a set of seats you could compare both sides of the plug to see what you might be missing. This is what they had to do to figure out the 2013+ trucks.

I know most of ours is controlled through the switch panel or the radio. You would have to find that also. Prices should be pretty cheap right now for most of the stuff because no one has figured it out but I’m sure they will skyrocket afterwards.

OP
OP
Justintoolbox

Justintoolbox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Don’t have a 2012 truck and have not messed with it. If you have the diagrams for it and can see if you are missing any wiring would be a good start. Pretty sure if you find out what wiring and pins are missing you could probably get it working. I know the AlphaOBD program has added support for the 2010-2012 systems to get it turned on in the BCM. If you have a set of seats you could compare both sides of the plug to see what you might be missing. This is what they had to do to figure out the 2013+ trucks.

I know most of ours is controlled through the switch panel or the radio. You would have to find that also. Prices should be pretty cheap right now for most of the stuff because no one has figured it out but I’m sure they will skyrocket afterwards.

Appreciate the info . I’ll dig into it a little more before going any further with doing the upgrade , if i pull the plug i will update the thread .

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'm very interested in this as well. I want the Laramie memory seats so I can activate memory mirrors also. :D

Plus i want cooled seats for Summer. :)

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Mine has been upgraded to laramie interior,mines a 15 though.Your not going to get the memory seats to work,only thing that can't be activated.Heated/cooling works and the heated steering wheel if you run the harness and change the clock spring on the steering wheel.Your sport may have some of the wiring there already.Mine is an express.The heated cooling controls are also on my 8.4 radio but I had to get someone to put the codes in via alfaOBD.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Mine has been upgraded to laramie interior,mines a 15 though.Your not going to get the memory seats to work,only thing that can't be activated.Heated/cooling works and the heated steering wheel if you run the harness and change the clock spring on the steering wheel.Your sport may have some of the wiring there already.Mine is an express.The heated cooling controls are also on my 8.4 radio but I had to get someone to put the codes in via alfaOBD.

I was under the impression a couple of wires had to be pinned for the mirrors to be active

spdglez78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have put Katzins in and now want to get Laramie Door panels and dash components.
Going to the junk yards tomorrow to see what I can find.
Wish me luck.