Using Airbags to fit in the garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
yeah preachers pedlars politicians police don't knock on my door except girl guides cookies ill take a case

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
@4xdad i agree.

housing market is a bubble right now, sell the house get top dollar for it. That HOA sounds like my old one. I just sold my house got significant over asking.

Sit on your cash and rent for the time being. Then buy something when this economy crashes and it won’t be long. Keep the power wagon and enjoy it.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Does the HOA require the garage door to close? If not, just back the bed into the garage and have the cab outside. I’ve fought with two HOA before. The last one I threatened to place burglar bars on my windows and front door as it wasn’t restricted. Told them good luck selling another house after I did that! I also pointed out that I had to cut the grass but wasn’t required to have grass. A gallon of roundup in the yard would go well with the bars on the windows.
Goes good with your forum name. Haha j/k

captainronpo614

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998-2005-2014
Engine
5.9-5.9-6.7 CTD's
We intentionally seeked out our last house in a neighborhood that had an HOA!
Makes a huge difference keeping everything consistent.

Must be a fairly liberal HOA if you can park on your front yard??

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
no h o a just the old bat two houses over and the city I am pretty sure she has the bylaw guys on speed dial they mostly just leave warnings but they give the gears sometimes I think their getting tired of me or her or both

TorqueWagon

Reaction score
Westmost point in the contiguous United States
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Replace your garage door header which is probably wood 4x12" (or taller) with an I-beam which would be something like 4" tall. That'd gain you 8" (or more)of height. It's not as hard as you think. You'd need to get a new garage door, custom height. If you want to go this way, you're probably looking at $2k - 3K. Just one alternative.....

Tony Rossi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 Crew, Bright White
Engine
Hemi V8 / eTorque, 3.92
If you’re only lacking an inch or two of clearance, replacing the shark fin is easy. Not sure what radio setup you have in your truck, but I did it on my 2021 1500 and still have Sirius and FM. I used an older model (flat) Ram antenna and an aftermarket FM antenna in the dash. I’d be glad to walk you through it if you’re interested.

Ross

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
My new-to-me PW wont fit in my garage by about 1-2" (due to the running lights / sharkfin antenna)

I can't part outside due to HOA restrictions, and I cant make the garage bigger.

What would you do (besides sell the truck)

Have an autobody shop install low-pro running lights / remove the antenna? (Any recommendations on low-pro running lights / antenna?)

Or find a suspension shop to install airbags? (if so do you have any recommendations on airbags?)

Any other suggestions? (not trying to air-down every day etc / looking for something more sustainable)

I would sell that place. Why own land and house and you have to fit rules some other ******* made, and pay them to boot?
Be your own king of a castle.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HOA's should be illegal! It's your truck and your house. Tell then to kiss your A$$!

Darron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins diesel
You said you can’t make the garage bigger...but are you sure? Making the door taller might not be as big of a chore as you think it is.

I barely had clearance when I got my truck. I adjusted the stop on the garage door which bought me another inch of clearance. I even considered removing the trim to get another 3/4" but it wasn't necessary.

You might edit the original post to include some very specific info such as the max height of vehicle and the height of garage opening.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
Don't be bullied I would bet there are some things you could do to sway them to let you park out of the garage .

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Don't be bullied I would bet there are some things you could do to sway them to let you park out of the garage .
Since he only made one post.... perhaps he did confront the HOA and they handled him in a different way :(

For real though, it appears he is one and done, like so many that get the information they need and never reply with the outcome.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Well, for my two cents. We should name them HOAK's now instead of HOA's.

Home Owners Association

OR

Home Owners Association Karen:33:
My wife Karen hates that as you might expect. An HOA neighborhood can be great if it fits your lifestyle. The houses appreciate a lot more than non-hoa houses. We had to have one in our last neighborhood and they weren't too bad (after I got on the board). The house doubled in 15 years.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I wouldn't buy a home in a HOA. Not to overly stereotype, but I imagine most people that own PWs aren't HOA people - if they have the choice. At the end of the day though, it's not like you're not aware of the HOA being there when you buy the house (this is a general comment, not to the OP specifically). You have to sign the HOA agreement as part of closing. So for all the anti-HOA people, if you don't like them then don't buy a house there (or carefully read the terms so you know what you can and cannot do). As others have said, HOA's serve a purpose and if I'm going to live in an expensive neighborhood with houses on top of each other, I'd want some protections in the form of a HOA.