Using Airbags to fit in the garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
While I completely agree that HOA's can be a pain to deal with, the easy solution is to not move into a neighborhood with an HOA and tight restrictions. Feel your pain but it's kinda' like building a house right next to the railroad tracks and then complaining how a train wakes you up every night.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a bad HOA, or so I thought. I would also say raise the garage door.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While I completely agree that HOA's can be a pain to deal with, the easy solution is to not move into a neighborhood with an HOA and tight restrictions. Feel your pain but it's kinda' like building a house right next to the railroad tracks and then complaining how a train wakes you up every night.

I live right next to one. I am used to it. I lived next to one for 33 years and then when. I moved it only felt right lol. We are lucky and no train horns.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
H o a s aren't much of a thing here but I would never buy a house where there was one mother in law lives in one in bc even though we were just there for a couple days somebody *******

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We intentionally seeked out our last house in a neighborhood that had an HOA!
Makes a huge difference keeping everything consistent.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
so keep all the sheeple in line home of the free? I don't want to be like my neibhors . I sometimes park on the front lawn drives the old bat 2 houses over crazy

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I'm pretty sure somebody would lose their **** if I moved in and started building stuff in the driveway.i will be nice until you try to tell me what to do on my own property then not so much .not all Canadian are nice and polite some have a **** attitude and are rednecks. HEY resemble that remark.wtf

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My new-to-me PW wont fit in my garage by about 1-2" (due to the running lights / sharkfin antenna)

I can't part outside due to HOA restrictions, and I cant make the garage bigger.

What would you do (besides sell the truck)

Have an autobody shop install low-pro running lights / remove the antenna? (Any recommendations on low-pro running lights / antenna?)

Or find a suspension shop to install airbags? (if so do you have any recommendations on airbags?)

Any other suggestions? (not trying to air-down every day etc / looking for something more sustainable)

I don't recommend making any major changes to the truck that don't involve lifting it.

If it is just barely not clearing the door, you might be able to adjust the upper stop on the door to get the clearance you need. I have a VERY low door on my garage and was able to adjust the upper limit to get another 2-3 inches of clearance for my old truck. The Wagon just won't fit because of the door header.

If it is the door header is too low, you're looking at likely a couple grand to get that raised professionally, along with a new door, provided you have ceiling height in the garage to accommodate that additional height. If you don't have that, you'll need to raise the entire roof of the garage which, since it sounds like it's attached, means a LOT of work.

Or, just tell your HOA to get bent. Their rules usually won't hold up in court if it comes to that - lots of HOAs have lost cases in court that got pushed.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HOA's are pretty common in newer subdivisions around here and the intention is usually good. Helps keeps that "one neighbor" in check that never mows their grass, has a junk car on blocks in the front yard, and has goats in the backyard. You can have the nicest house in the neighborhood but if your next door neighbor's place looks like a junkyard it greatly affects your property value. However a lot of HOA's can get a little overboard and nitpicky. From my experience that is usually caused by the retired person that becomes the HOA president and has nothing better to do with their day than find something to nitpick, and they often get power hungry

Yarek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10 magnum
Housing market is hot: sell the house. If the truck isn't all that important to you: take advantage of the hot market for used vehicles and sell the truck. Then sell the house once you find a better place.

Gladly we don't live in a HOA area. My wife is looking for houses where we can move to get more space and she keeps showing me houses that have HOA, and I keep telling her that it ain't gonna happen. With all the building code laws etc, I don't want yet another authority over my head. Just a matter of time someone will complain about our truck, which will never fit in any normal garage, or our old(er) cars that may have some clear coat peeling away, or one of my motorcycles.

If the HOA is so restrictive regarding parking a truck, I don't think they will approve of any changes to the house if they are visible from the outside. HOAs are pure evil.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HOA's are pretty common in newer subdivisions around here and the intention is usually good. Helps keeps that "one neighbor" in check that never mows their grass, has a junk car on blocks in the front yard, and has goats in the backyard. You can have the nicest house in the neighborhood but if your next door neighbor's place looks like a junkyard it greatly affects your property value. However a lot of HOA's can get a little overboard and nitpicky. From my experience that is usually caused by the retired person that becomes the HOA president and has nothing better to do with their day than find something to nitpick, and they often get power hungry
You are spot on! The original intent is good so that everyone’s property values stay up but then it turns into stupid stuff like arguing over what color flowers to plant at the entrance. Also, I found they don’t appreciate the fine things in life-boats, trucks and ATVs. Soooo glad I’m in the country now!!

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I am that guy and their not goats their dogs leave me alone we will be fine my missus will help keep me in check to a point you should how they act when I tear up the back yard on my quad. life is short have fun

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am that guy and their not goats their dogs leave me alone we will be fine my missus will help keep me in check to a point you should how they act when I tear up the back yard on my quad. life is short have fun

You sound like the type of guy that has no business living somewhere with neighbors and rules lol

nothing against it, but just saying...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Across the street from me, there are 8 apartments that were updated & now they are called condos & they have an HOA

The owners & renters can't even open their vehicle hood, without someone complaining to the HOA, they don't have the nerve to walk up to the so called offender & discuss it

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
you are right I am that guy but I am also the guy who snowplows their driveways when we get a foot of snow it took 6 hrs and 2 gallons of gas me and my autistic son we do the church across the street too even though I am a heathen

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you are right I am that guy but I am also the guy who snowplows their driveways when we get a foot of snow it took 6 hrs and 2 gallons of gas me and my autistic son we do the church across the street too even though I am a heathen

A heathen bahahahahahahahaaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500