Vararam Pre Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nice, finally remembered to order one!

Goose_1327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stumbled across part number 20-3211 and was wondering if they started specing this and updated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The information is on their web site. They recently updated it.
Jay

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here's Friday
:big_banana_Dance:

Nothing in my USPS dashboard =(, but then again it's not always accurate. Rural USPS is the worst. I've had packages delayed for days at the local post office cause the contractor didn't feel like delivering them.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine arrived, didn't think it was going to fit at first, it's definitely tight around. But it does go on, just can't be afraid to let the filter fold in a bit when installing. Looks cool, same as OP's so I won't wast bandwidth with any pics. Thanks @Firefighter14 for the legwork on this!

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got mine as well, but I'm out of K&N oil. Probably gonna go into town, wash my poor filthy truck, get me a K&N recharge kit, and hopefully have the wrap installed tomorrow after the filter has gotten a good thorough cleaning.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got mine as well, but I'm out of K&N oil. Probably gonna go into town, wash my poor filthy truck, get me a K&N recharge kit, and hopefully have the wrap installed tomorrow after the filter has gotten a good thorough cleaning.

Doh I didn't even think about cleaning/oiling the filter. Heck mines only 3 weeks old anyway I'm sure it's fine for a while :).

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Doh I didn't even think about cleaning/oiling the filter. Heck mines only 3 weeks old anyway I'm sure it's fine for a while :).

Yea you're probably good. I've got about 3500 miles of dusty dirt roads, bugs, and playing out in the mud. It's pretty damn filthy.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Also I got the new part number from the website with a -01 on the end. I assume that's the production run it came from.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got mine--extra filter already cleaned and oiled--just waiting for it to get a little cooler outside before I put it on. Josh, if you use the K&N oil the filter will turn red(I know it will be covered anyway)--Matt at Moe's has the regular cleaning stuff and his shipping is really quick.
Jay

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got mine--extra filter already cleaned and oiled--just waiting for it to get a little cooler outside before I put it on. Josh, if you use the K&N oil the filter will turn red(I know it will be covered anyway)--Matt at Moe's has the regular cleaning stuff and his shipping is really quick.
Jay

I’ve been using the K&N stuff on pretty much every oiled filter I’ve had for as long as I can remember. The local parts store always has it cheap as dirt. My old volants were always purple cause of it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine arrived, didn't think it was going to fit at first, it's definitely tight around. But it does go on, just can't be afraid to let the filter fold in a bit when installing. Looks cool, same as OP's so I won't wast bandwidth with any pics. Thanks @Firefighter14 for the legwork on this!
Yeah it's definitely a tight fit, almost feels like you're going to rip the pre filter....