Vehicle safety recall popup notification on Uconnect 8.4 screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have never seen this before so thought I would ask. Got in the truck this afternoon and started it up. My son said what is that on the screen. As I looked over I just caught it for a second before it went away but it was some sort of message about a safety recall on the vehicle?

I've had recalls before but never have seen a message pop up on the radio screen about it. I just went back out and turned the truck back on again but no message this time. If it comes back I'll try and get a picture but it wasn't up for long?

Anyone seen this before?

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just check your Mopar app

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bookemdanno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I got the same pop up on mine this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mtnrider

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just check your Mopar app

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's not the point, I know where to find recall info. Have never seen a message pushed to the truck and popped up on the radio screen like that before, that's what I am asking about.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got the same pop up on mine this past weekend.

That's not the point, I know where to find recall info. Have never seen a message pushed to the truck and popped up on the radio screen like that before, that's what I am asking about.

Interesting as you both have the Cummins. Same message ?

bookemdanno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Same message. I think it also had a button to setup an appt with my saved dealership.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have an active uconnect subscription?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bookemdanno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
No current Uconnect subscription...I figured it was connecting via Bluetooth thru my phone.

OP
OP
mtnrider

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you have an active uconnect subscription?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nope. But they can still push messages as they choose without that apparently. Same with pushing a Uconnect update over the air, don't need to have the subscription.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I figured they could, just wasnt sure if they do more with subscribers.

I have never seen a safety message pop up on my 8.4, it could be because Im not on the latest update (according to the Uconnect website, anyway)

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I had the same message pop up a few days ago ..... didn't think anything of it because I went to check the latest recalls and there is one about a passenger side restraint issue ...

OP
OP
mtnrider

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, not so concerned abut the actual recall. Just curious as to when they started pushing messages like that to the truck since I had never seen that before. Sounds like they just started doing it.

Only a matter of time before they start spamming us on there now with offers etc.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, not so concerned abut the actual recall. Just curious as to when they started pushing messages like that to the truck since I had never seen that before. Sounds like they just started doing it.

Only a matter of time before they start spamming us on there now with offers etc.

Pretty sure you could just disconnect (or remove) the cellular portion of the antenna at that point.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Lol yeah ... which probably now explains why the radio has to always stay on lol ... man I hate that you can't turn the radio off

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Pretty sure you could just disconnect (or remove) the cellular portion of the antenna at that point.

But don't you need that for navigation, satellite radio and other stuff? We shouldn't have to do that if that is what they are not intending on doing, but right now we are just speculating so not really worried about it ....YET lol ..

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But don't you need that for navigation, satellite radio and other stuff? We shouldn't have to do that if that is what they are not intending on doing, but right now we are just speculating so not really worried about it ....YET lol ..

Not AFAIK.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/bbg/pdf/2016/docs/cc/dddpsrca.pdf

The puck antenna can be used in place of the shark fin and all you would lose is cellular which is what is used for Uconnect to talk to the truck.

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice that Uconnect is putting in crap like this rather than fixing the audio from the last update they pushed out.
3 months now and still sounds like ****, with no apparent fix anytime soon.