VIN eligibility problems for mobile hotspot / WiFi plan for 2018 model?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightLightz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
@18harvest and @SitKneelBend

I found that Application ID that you were referring to...

Radio Part

* Hardware part number - CVRC27N0GL
* BootMicro version - 17.35.00 (this is the UConnect version, right?)
* Application version - NN-IR-19.9.0-20171026-I07G

Does this still put the firmware out of date?

I did some more reading. Looks like 19.9.0 is considered the best for audio (https://www.ramforum.com/threads/firmware-update-for-my-uas-radio.178671/).

I think this also means that I have the UAS (no navigation) radio.

I found the UAS update and related TSB elsewhere (https://www.ramforum.com/threads/in...-ra3-vp3-na-ra4-vp4-na-uax.73871/post-1125879) and would like to try and go to 22.6 to resolve some issues I've had with the radio since I got it, including...

* CarPlay audio getting stuck at a set volume
* Backup camera getting stuck in blank mode
* CarPlay connectivity issues
* Frozen screen

Thoughts / feedback welcome. Thanks again!
So I also have part #CVRC27N0GL

Would someone who had that same number be able to provide their VIN so I can get the correct update from uconnect? My uconnect 8.4” is currently in my Dodge Challenger (originally from a 2018 Ram) but I never got the VIN from the 2018 so I can’t get the correct firmware from the uconnect website

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I also have part #CVRC27N0GL

Would someone who had that same number be able to provide their VIN so I can get the correct update from uconnect? My uconnect 8.4” is currently in my Dodge Challenger (originally from a 2018 Ram) but I never got the VIN from the 2018 so I can’t get the correct firmware from the uconnect website
If it's in a Challenger you might have luck using challenger firmware (for driver compatibility issues if any). But remember, every flash is a possible brick, if it ain't broke...

twizt3dkitty

Reaction score
Att has an obii telematic/wifi via lte, its called the harmon spark. I have one on my plan currently.