Water Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jinxface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I've got a 2012 Big Horn Crew Cab and lately I've be getting a puddle of water in the storage pocket under the right side rear seat. I don't know where it's coming from. I've taken of the high brake light and cleaned around the gasket and edge and retightened the screws but to no avail. Any ideas?

lobsterbake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel 6.7
I would bet it is the gasket for the third brake light. I would replace it or put RTV sealant on it at a minimum. I put RTV on mine and sealed outside of light with silicone, but mine is the CHMSL and has Led lights so shouldn’t have to replace bulbs like incandescent bulbs.

CE54056F-B409-43FF-9619-DE3248519622.jpeg

Blackdodge2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Replace the third brake light gasket or use an additional sealing method such as waterproof foam tape etc. Don't use anything that will permanently seal the light to the truck as you would regret that later.

workshopping

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you have a moonroof? I just noticed mine after a heavy rain and it drained right into the storage area. Did not go into other area so there must be something directing the flow. I am searching for answers right now!

monettejb

2018 Hydro Blue Edition Ram 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had the same issue when I had my four door. I took mine off, cleaned it with alcohol and added a silicone bead around the top and sides that sits towards the truck. Never had any more issues.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I did the 'popular forum fix' on the 3rd brake light for my 2017 Ram 1500 using the nice marine grade stick-on weatherstrip. Still leaked. Dealer tossed my nicely re-done 3rd brake light in the trash and installed a brand new OEM light with the shiddy gasket! LOL.. In the end, it turned up being the rear window had been replaced at some point and wasn't sealed properly. I do have extra weatherstrip to retrofit that 3rd light (again) at some point.

TinytheLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JB1 has my vote. I used the forum fix and it stopped the leak. I thought of using silicone and decided against it in case I needed to easily remove the two screws, pop out the assembly, and replace the light bulb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye