Weird Transmission Thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
This morning when I got off work I went out and started my truck (2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Ecodiesel) to go home. While sitting there warming up it lunged forward a little. It actually felt like something hit me and moved the truck. No one was there to do that. It ran and drove fine afterwards. Weird though. Anyone else felt this happen?

wespentecost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This morning when I got off work I went out and started my truck (2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Ecodiesel) to go home. While sitting there warming up it lunged forward a little. It actually felt like something hit me and moved the truck. No one was there to do that. It ran and drove fine afterwards. Weird though. Anyone else felt this happen?
See if your truck was in the recall list for that. Haven't heard of it lunging and stopping though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
It's the first time for me as well. I'll check the recall list. If it does it again in the morning I'll call the dealership

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Earthquake? lol Been a lot of that going around lately.....

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My truck every now and then does this. When I start it it will lunge forward about a half foot. Feels like the trans is not fully engaged in park. Dealer sees no issue cause they can't reproduce it. And no check engine light. It seems so far I'm the only one.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
This makes me feel better. It didn't do it this morning so it's good so far lol

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Was it Park, or Drive with foot on brake? Had you driven at all while it was idling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Was it Park, or Drive with foot on brake? Had you driven at all while it was idling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was in Park. I was sitting there warming it up before I left for home

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Maybe your truck is trying to tell you to start using the parking brake ;)