What’s the Difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adgartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m setting up my ‘03 3500 with new wheels and tires with a level kit/lift and found two trucks set up similar to what I’m going for. I can’t tell exactly what is different about them but I prefer the setup of the truck in the first picture (on the grass). Looks to me like they are both levelled with 35’s on 18” rims?
I would appreciate any tips / comments on what these trucks have for setup or what is different about them.
Thanks!

455b03b6b0f9947cd91c99beb2de8830.jpg

846b334617381e3119a4ecd096eca85d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
To me the top one looks like a lift/level and the bottom looks like a smaller lift or just a level.
Could be the angle of the pictures though.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Angle has a lot to do with it, but I see diff wheels, the bottom one doesn’t have a tool box an has door spheres. The top has the smokers visor things an bug guard. Oh an the mirrors lol

Another note I’m almost certain they changed the grey between the 04-05 model year from a darker grey to having more of a silver in the 05+

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have no idea what setups are on those trucks, but the top one has a bigger lift. Look at the grooves in the door and side panels, they run right to the top of the tire and on the lower truck they don't. Maybe do some ground measurements on your truck to get an estimate of how much lift will be required to get those grooves resting near the top of the tires

Ghostman

US Army Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 4x4, 2500
Again it's hard to judge, but IMO, the top looks to be about a 5" to 6" lift. the bottom looks to be about 2" to 3".

Of course depends on the tire size they are running, but you can definable tell the difference by looking at the 'Rocker Panel" trim line that runs straight from the top of rear bumper to the center front wheel wells, and aligns about center of front bumper.

The top photo is at least 5 or 6" lift.

If you want to view a gallery of trucks, go to: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?make=Dodge
They have a full gallery of trucks, based on year, make, model, lift size, level, or stock. Tire and wheel size. Find the look you want from there.