What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pinion bearing started hollering a few weeks ago. So while having that replaced I also had it re-geared from 3.21 to 4.10 and threw in a TruTrac for good measure. Picked it up a little while ago and drove it all of 7 miles from the shop to work, and already happy with it. RPMs are of course a bit higher at speed, but it doesn't spaz out shifting between 7th and 8th at the slightest hint of an incline anymore. I had also convinced myself after having plopped down the deposit for the parts that it wasn't the pinion bearing like I originally thought, but it was, and now it's quiet again. 500 mile break in is going to take me a month with how I drive, but then I'm going to do a healthy two wheel burnout.

Also, I know the shop absolutely did not do any reprogramming for the new gears, but all the way through the 60 mph I was able to get up to on the highway, the speedometer was spot on matched with the waze app. It was also spot on before the swap. I'm assuming this must mean the speedometer gets the info from wheel speed sensors and not from the transmission via cable like on older cars. I will be able to verify up to 75ish on the way home in the morning. I know I'll have to do the alfa magic when I upgrade from 33 to 35" tires, but I'll be really happy if I don't have to pay a programmer to make changes for the gearing.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Pinion bearing started hollering a few weeks ago. So while having that replaced I also had it re-geared from 3.21 to 4.10 and threw in a TruTrac for good measure. Picked it up a little while ago and drove it all of 7 miles from the shop to work, and already happy with it. RPMs are of course a bit higher at speed, but it doesn't spaz out shifting between 7th and 8th at the slightest hint of an incline anymore. I had also convinced myself after having plopped down the deposit for the parts that it wasn't the pinion bearing like I originally thought, but it was, and now it's quiet again. 500 mile break in is going to take me a month with how I drive, but then I'm going to do a healthy two wheel burnout.

Also, I know the shop absolutely did not do any reprogramming for the new gears, but all the way through the 60 mph I was able to get up to on the highway, the speedometer was spot on matched with the waze app. It was also spot on before the swap. I'm assuming this must mean the speedometer gets the info from wheel speed sensors and not from the transmission via cable like on older cars. I will be able to verify up to 75ish on the way home in the morning. I know I'll have to do the alfa magic when I upgrade from 33 to 35" tires, but I'll be really happy if I don't have to pay a programmer to make changes for the gearing.
Yes it picks up the speed from a tone ring that is along side the Ring gear in the axle.
Yes again, when changing tire diameter you'll need to program for the new size.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally put the factory step bars back on. I honestly hate them, but it makes life easier for the kids and girlfriend so I'll deal with it for now. I'm eventually going to order some black ones but I need to decide what style I want. 20221004_183134.jpg20221004_183152.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Well done :waytogo:
I am loving them @Socalramfan !!! no errors, hooked them up directly to the OEM wiring harness underneath the fuse box ... now to put together all the custom stuff I will be doing to them ... for sure I will be changing the drl boards to all white and just using the side markers for the blinkers... trying to figure out how to wire it so it does that without errors ...

I am probably going to color match just the shrouds and add an extra bi-led projector for the low beams and switch it with the stock one to the highs ...

Stay tuned !!!!

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am loving them @Socalramfan !!! no errors, hooked them up directly to the OEM wiring harness underneath the fuse box ... now to put together all the custom stuff I will be doing to them ... for sure I will be changing the drl boards to all white and just using the side markers for the blinkers... trying to figure out how to wire it so it does that without errors ...

I am probably going to color match just the shrouds and add an extra bi-led projector for the low beams and switch it with the stock one to the highs ...

Stay tuned !!!!
If it were me, I'd replace the stock projector with this one and call it a day, aside from the other extras you wanted to do.
They make adapter brackets to make those fit the ram projector pattern, so they'd be bolt in.
I'm seriously considering swapping these into my knock off OEM projectors and leaving everything else alone. But, I've already got switchback signals. Morimoto is a good option, but I like the beam pattern these produce better than the mled 2.0.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
If it were me, I'd replace the stock projector with this one and call it a day, aside from the other extras you wanted to do.
They make adapter brackets to make those fit the ram projector pattern, so they'd be bolt in.
I'm seriously considering swapping these into my knock off OEM projectors and leaving everything else alone. But, I've already got switchback signals. Morimoto is a good option, but I like the beam pattern these produce better than the mled 2.0.
That's actually the one I was thinking about adding lol ...

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

Stay tuned !!!!

Looking forward to it.

Im tossing around the idea of doing an amber halo / angel eye, or similar around the housings idea.

Something about amber against black that I like.

Also starting to dig these hoods. Might be too much of a hood thing though. :waytogo:

Instead of green.. Amber,
420D7C8F-2ACD-44A3-BE75-EF13B015B3DC.jpeg

few ideas for hood / scoop….
53D2E31D-9886-44CB-BDC2-C1D8B7D8009A.jpeg
5D3D7903-4406-42A7-BD82-CF3B486C6CD1.jpeg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Looking forward to it.

Im tossing around the idea of doing an amber halo / angel eye, or similar around the housings idea.

Something about amber against black that I like.

Also starting to dig these hoods. Might be too much of a hood thing though. :waytogo:

Instead of green.. Amber,
View attachment 503812

few ideas for hood / scoop….
View attachment 503813
View attachment 503814
The first one won't fit the 1500s unless you switch out the grille too I think ... I like the one on the 2nd truck , those are fully functional...

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
The first one won't fit the 1500s unless you switch out the grille too I think ... I like the one on the 2nd truck , those are fully functional...

I don’t have a 1500 hood……. I did the 2500 hood mod a ways back :waytogo:

They can be made functional, though being that I’ve got a Varam, I’m leaning more towards the scoop for esthetics. Still bouncing ideas though

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I don’t have a 1500 hood……. I did the 2500 hood mod a ways back :waytogo:

They can be made functional, though neing I’ve got a Varam, I’m leaning more towards the scoop for esthetics. Still bouncing ideas though
Oh nice! so you had to change the grille and the support struts? Or the upper bumper piece too? I want to do the HD front end conversion lol ...

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Oh nice! so you had to change the grille and the support struts? Or the upper bumper piece too? I want to do the HD front end conversion lol ...

Grill, hood, hood struts and a bit trimming of the top bumper Facia for the grill :waytogo:

Ive got an extra 1500 hood, struts and chrome grill if anyone is interested for a reasonable price :favorites37:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf