What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol yeah alright do whatever ya want, but I'll continue to respond in kind the same way each time you do...then this thread can become worthless for a while.

I will do whatever I want and if you wanna keep defending all this in such a juvenile, silly way, you just go right on ahead. No one’s stopping you.

Or you can just let people come in here and do exactly what the thread is asking.
Again.... no one... including I, is stopping that.

You find it odd people complain about things that you view as minuscule, when they are asked to do so. In reality it's rather odd that you find it necessary and worthy of your time to repeatedly tell members in this thread that their complains are invalid, or miniscule.

That's really weird, but if it makes you happy, go right on ahead. It makes me happy to counter that, so I'll continue in doing so.

So what if they’re asked to. Maybe they didn’t think it fully through when they made the thread.

But counter all you want. Don’t know what it is you’re trying to prove but I guess keep in trying to prove it.

On that note, I really dislike the quality or longevity of the 8.4" screen. On my 13 I had to have one replaced under warranty at 27k miles, and then it was already ******** the bed at 50k miles again! Come on Ram!

Just keep adding to it...lol.

Maybe Ram did come on. Hopefully a lot’s changed five years. Granted, my 18’s only got just under 22k on it... 5k less than yours but mine hasn’t acted up. But you know what? If it ever does I’ll take it back to where I bought and they’ll fix it, problem solved. Warranty should’ve fixed yours the first time and since it’s messing up again, I would think your dealer would work with you on fixing it again irregardless that it’s outside of warranty because they supposedly fixed it the first time but go ahead and ***** about it publicly just because someone made a nice little convenient thread for your to do so...[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will do whatever I want and if you wanna keep defending all this in such a juvenile, silly way, you just go right on ahead. No one’s stopping you.

Again.... no one... including I, is stopping that.

Ok I will keep doing it. Don't see anyone liking your posts in approval in regards to this, but I see them on mine! Most people might take that as a hint, but not here I'm going to guess.

And you would think that the dealer or ram would do the right thing under that circumstance(actually, no you wouldn't), but they didn't. When it was under warranty, I had them replace it. Second time was outside of warranty and the very best "Ramcares" could do was make me an appointment for a $100 diagnosis (insulting when you know what is wrong, and not to mention I can make a damn appointment on my own). I wasn't about to pay them or anyone else to fix a radio that had been in there for a couple years, so I dumped it off for my 17 longhorn that I have now. It currently has about 26k on it and we will see what happens before the warranty runs up. Luckily, I've done well enough on my rams that if I wanted to dump this in a year, or now, I'd be more that able to do it. I owe about 15k less on it than I owe, so it can go whenever. That's also why I'm not going to cry if the new ones are a little more expensive but have headlights better than candles, or other improvements. I'm doing good enough, charge me a little more and make things better so we don't have to.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i hate the cheap doors on the ST. the base door should be the SLT trim cause there's even cars at half the cost that have some padding on the doors.

I hate that i couldn't afford to buy a Bighorn trim Ram in the first place for many reasons. If all goes as planned, next time.

I LOVE that ramforum allows me to put corneileous and others like him who feel they have to belittle people and come here to get some twisted amusement out of a forum instead of spending their time pulling wings off flies.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I will keep doing it. Don't see anyone liking your posts in approval in regards to this, but I see them on mine! Most people might take that as a hint, but not here I'm going to guess.

And you would think that the dealer or ram would do the right thing under that circumstance(actually, no you wouldn't), but they didn't. When it was under warranty, I had them replace it. Second time was outside of warranty and the very best "Ramcares" could do was make me an appointment for a $100 diagnosis (insulting when you know what is wrong, and not to mention I can make a damn appointment on my own). I wasn't about to pay them or anyone else to fix a radio that had been in there for a couple years, so I dumped it off for my 17 longhorn that I have now. It currently has about 26k on it and we will see what happens before the warranty runs up. Luckily, I've done well enough on my rams that if I wanted to dump this in a year, or now, I'd be more that able to do it. I owe about 15k less on it than I owe, so it can go whenever. That's also why I'm not going to cry if the new ones are a little more expensive but have headlights better than candles, or other improvements. I'm doing good enough, charge me a little more and make things better so we don't have to.

HAHAHAH!!!!.... I don’t need people to like my posts for approval. Even if you do.

But hey if you wanted to buy another truck for that then that’s your prerogative. No one is judging you for that.

And that’s great that you’re not financially crippled to pay for better quality. A lot of people are. They ***** about the cost and they ***** about less-quality stuff to keep cost down.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i hate the cheap doors on the ST. the base door should be the SLT trim cause there's even cars at half the cost that have some padding on the doors.

I hate that i couldn't afford to buy a Bighorn trim Ram in the first place for many reasons. If all goes as planned, next time.
And that’s Ram’s fault for making the ST’s affordable?? Wow.

I LOVE that ramforum allows me to put corneileous and others like him who feel they have to belittle people and come here to get some twisted amusement out of a forum instead of spending their time pulling wings off flies.
No pulling wings off any flies, not belittling people or anything like that. No twisted entertainment, neither.

Too many people ***** too much these days so if you don’t like it, ***** about that too... buddy.

Hey @JoeCo... you have a fan...lol. How about that. You must be proud.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HAHAHAH!!!!.... I don’t need people to like my posts for approval. Even if you do.

But hey if you wanted to buy another truck for that then that’s your prerogative. No one is judging you for that.

And that’s great that you’re not financially crippled to pay for better quality. A lot of people are. They ***** about the cost and they ***** about less-quality stuff to keep cost down.

LOL wow another one right over your head...I'm not searching for your approval or others, the hint was that you are not wanted in this thread because you offer nothing to it, and in fact you take away from it at the expense of others. Also it's not just me that doesn't approve, it appears no one else does either.

And if people can't afford something, they shouldn't buy it or buy the lower trim levels...that applies to many things in life. If you can afford the nicer, it should be nicer.

You're truly the @slacadjuster of this thread...sadly you can't see that. As we said, no point in arguing...if you want to continue posting like that in here, I'll oblige you every time, probably going to get real old real fast but I'll gladly respond each time.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL wow another one right over your head...I'm not searching for your approval or others, the hint was that you are not wanted in this thread because you offer nothing to it, and in fact you take away from it at the expense of others. Also it's not just me that doesn't approve, it appears no one else does either.
I don’t care if I’m not wanted here or not. And au contraire, I have contributed to this thread. I have helped people with some of the things they don’t like so stop with your foolish assumptions.

And if people can't afford something, they shouldn't buy it or buy the lower trim levels...that applies to many things in life. If you can afford the nicer, it should be nicer.[/i]
I’m happy with mine. Just because you’re not, speak for yourself.

You're truly the @slacadjuster of this thread...sadly you can't see that.
I don’t know @slackadjuster and have no idea what relevance he has to me but if you think it’s important then ok then.
As we said, no point in arguing...if you want to continue posting like that in here, I'll oblige you every time, probably going to get real old real fast but I'll gladly respond each time.
You’re right, it’s not. You’re not going to change my mind and I had no intention of changing yours. But you just go right ahead and frivolously respond if it makes you feel better. You’re only proving to your fan club that you can’t take it and just leave it alone.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
YOU TWO SOUND LIKE A DIVORCED COUPLE.

Again, I get it. No need for future clarification, thank you.

I’m not telling, or requesting anybody to do anything; I’m just simply questioning and pointing out the sheer ignorance and silliness to take a thread like this that far out of context. It’s amusing. Lol. I’m not gonna lie to ya.

Didn’t say you were, it really anybody in particular was, I was just pointing out that too many people in general complain about costs so that’s probably why... they didn’t use better options was to keep costs down.

And prices went up too, just sayin.

I find it odd the minuscule things that are chosen to complain about... there’s a difference.

But I’m not stopping or standing in the way of people complaining about whatever the wish.

If you say so. Lol. Let the entertainment continue...emoji106.png

Lol yeah alright do whatever ya want, but I'll continue to respond in kind the same way each time you do...then this thread can become worthless for a while. Or you can just let people come in here and do exactly what the thread is asking.

You find it odd people complain about things that you view as minuscule, when they are asked to do so. In reality it's rather odd that you find it necessary and worthy of your time to repeatedly tell members in this thread that their complains are invalid, or miniscule. That's really weird, but if it makes you happy, go right on ahead. It makes me happy to counter that, so I'll continue in doing so.

On that note, I really dislike the quality or longevity of the 8.4" screen. On my 13 I had to have one replaced under warranty at 27k miles, and then it was already ******** the bed at 50k miles again! Come on Ram!

Like + Multi

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Again, I get it. No need for future clarification, thank you.

I’m not telling, or requesting anybody to do anything; I’m just simply questioning and pointing out the sheer ignorance and silliness to take a thread like this that far out of context. It’s amusing. Lol. I’m not gonna lie to ya.

Didn’t say you were, it really anybody in particular was, I was just pointing out that too many people in general complain about costs so that’s probably why... they didn’t use better options was to keep costs down.

And prices went up too, just sayin.

I find it odd the minuscule things that are chosen to complain about... there’s a difference.

But I’m not stopping or standing in the way of people complaining about whatever the wish.

If you say so. Lol. Let the entertainment continue...emoji106.png

Lol yeah alright do whatever ya want, but I'll continue to respond in kind the same way each time you do...then this thread can become worthless for a while. Or you can just let people come in here and do exactly what the thread is asking.

You find it odd people complain about things that you view as minuscule, when they are asked to do so. In reality it's rather odd that you find it necessary and worthy of your time to repeatedly tell members in this thread that their complains are invalid, or miniscule. That's really weird, but if it makes you happy, go right on ahead. It makes me happy to counter that, so I'll continue in doing so.

Like + Multi

Currently they are separated, the divorce isn't final yet. They are still fighting over which hue of red is cheaper and why Ram doesn't offer it at the same price.

Now that the kids have grown the small things amplify when it is an empty nest.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t care if I’m not wanted here or not. And au contraire, I have contributed to this thread. I have helped people with some of the things they don’t like so stop with your foolish assumptions.

I don’t know @slackadjuster and have no idea what relevance he has to me but if you think it’s important then ok then.

You’re right, it’s not. You’re not going to change my mind and I had no intention of changing yours. But you just go right ahead and frivolously respond if it makes you feel better. You’re only proving to your fan club that you can’t take it and just leave it alone.

Lol nope I'll make all the foolish assumptions I want, if you're going to kick your feet up and do whatever, so will I. Deal with it. I'm all for helping people, by all means, do that. Ridiculing people for answering a question that was posed, is not helping.

And @slacadjuster is a well known crabby old man "get off my lawn type" that comes here ranting about once a week and mostly puts people down, that is who you resemble here.

And ok, like I said, I'll keep going whenever you want to respond like that on here to someone...but done arguing about this for now since there really is no point. So go ahead and have the last word, I'll just watch for your next post where you ***** about someone answering the question posed here.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Currently they are separated, the divorce isn't final yet. They are still fighting over which hue of red is cheaper and why Ram doesn't offer it at the same price.

Now that the kids have grown the small things amplify when it is an empty nest.

Haha I can't say I disagree with either of you! I don't like getting involved in things like this but can't resist sometimes. Sorry for cluttering up this thread further, I'll let him have last word and I won't say anything again in regards to this argument, other than of course when he does it again.

Jbp19classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

It’s not just on the Ram. The 8.4 on my wife’s 17 Pacifica was replaced at around 20k miles and the new one is acting up now at 48k miles. Apparently they have about a 20-30k mile life expectancy lol.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s not just on the Ram. The 8.4 on my wife’s 17 Pacifica was replaced at around 20k miles and the new one is acting up now at 48k miles. Apparently they have about a 20-30k mile life expectancy lol.

Lol I guess that's not surprising, but certainly disappointing. I like the 8.4 otherwise but I agree, lifespan seems to be around 20-30k give or take. What's acting up on yours? On my 13, the 8.4 started to not keep time anymore, not even 5 minutes after setting it to the correct time it would be off again. Then the gps said we were the next state over and wouldn't locate correctly. And finally I started to get a message on the screen about the 911 thing needing service, followed by the screen not working at all. It all started around 50k (so around 23k on it) and progressed to the more serious issues at around 53k, when I got rid of it.

It had some other issues as well so I didn't get rid of it for only that reason, but I didn't want to start dumping money into repairs on something I was still paying a loan on.

Jbp19classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol I guess that's not surprising, but certainly disappointing. I like the 8.4 otherwise but I agree, lifespan seems to be around 20-30k give or take. What's acting up on yours? On my 13, the 8.4 started to not keep time anymore, not even 5 minutes after setting it to the correct time it would be off again. Then the gps said we were the next state over and wouldn't locate correctly. And finally I started to get a message on the screen about the 911 thing needing service, followed by the screen not working at all. It all started around 50k (so around 23k on it) and progressed to the more serious issues at around 53k, when I got rid of it.

It had some other issues as well so I didn't get rid of it for only that reason, but I didn't want to start dumping money into repairs on something I was still paying a loan on.

More and more frequently it is either really slow to respond to commands or won’t respond at all. Like twisting the volume knob and nothing happens, then all of a sudden it kicks up to full volume. But that’s just a little thing. The bigger issue is sometimes both the 8.4 screen as well as the 7” cluster display will completely black out and won’t come back until the car is shut off and restarted. That particular issue is what got it replaced the first time. Luckily we have the lifetime warranty so most it will cost is $100 if it gets replaced again now that the factory warranty is out.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
More and more frequently it is either really slow to respond to commands or won’t respond at all. Like twisting the volume knob and nothing happens, then all of a sudden it kicks up to full volume. But that’s just a little thing. The bigger issue is sometimes both the 8.4 screen as well as the 7” cluster display will completely black out and won’t come back until the car is shut off and restarted. That particular issue is what got it replaced the first time. Luckily we have the lifetime warranty so most it will cost is $100 if it gets replaced again now that the factory warranty is out.

Oh yeah that first one sounds like it would be annoying. Both screens going out is something else, I haven't heard of the 7" cluster being a problem, is that common as well? I noticed when mine stopped working, there wasn't any consistency on it resetting if I shut the vehicle down and then back up. Lots of symptoms and different experiences with these things. Glad you have the extra warranty, if I was going to keep mine longer than 2-3 years I would have to look into them as well.

Jbp19classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh yeah that first one sounds like it would be annoying. Both screens going out is something else, I haven't heard of the 7" cluster being a problem, is that common as well? I noticed when mine stopped working, there wasn't any consistency on it resetting if I shut the vehicle down and then back up. Lots of symptoms and different experiences with these things. Glad you have the extra warranty, if I was going to keep mine longer than 2-3 years I would have to look into them as well.
My wife likes to keep her cars FOREVER so the warranty was a good investment for her. Me, I get bored with cars and rarely keep one more than 3 years so I don’t do the extended warranties. Idk if it’s just because it is a first year model, but we’ve had a lot of little issues, mostly electronic gremlins, with the Pacifica. It’s maxed out on options and is a fantastic vehicle when everything is working, but all the little stuff is annoying. I’d go into more detail, but it’s not a Ram so I don’t want to clog this up.....plus I don’t want to get ridiculed for complaining about things, lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol nope I'll make all the foolish assumptions I want, if you're going to kick your feet up and do whatever, so will I. Deal with it. I'm all for helping people, by all means, do that. Ridiculing people for answering a question that was posed, is not helping.

And @slacadjuster is a well known crabby old man "get off my lawn type" that comes here ranting about once a week and mostly puts people down, that is who you resemble here.

And ok, like I said, I'll keep going whenever you want to respond like that on here to someone...but done arguing about this for now since there really is no point. So go ahead and have the last word, I'll just watch for your next post where you ***** about someone answering the question posed here.

You just go right on ahead and keep making those assumptions. They’re only making lite of an ass out of you.

Another assumption; I’m not necessarily ridiculing.

I’m not familiar with this “slack adjuster” fella. I’m not necessarily putting people down so I don’t appreciate your comparison of me to somebody like this..

And I’m not after the last word like you are. As long as there is something that seems fair to respond to I’ll continue to respond.

But again with your assumptions, dude. I’m not ******** at all. I’m just simply responding and resorting to what I think are sometimes silly and insolent complaints.

Jbp19classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You just go right on ahead and keep making those assumptions. They’re only making lite of an ass out of you.

Another assumption; I’m not necessarily ridiculing.

I’m not familiar with this “slack adjuster” fella. I’m not necessarily putting people down so I don’t appreciate your comparison of me to somebody like this..

And I’m not after the last word like you are. As long as there is something that seems fair to respond to I’ll continue to respond.

But again with your assumptions, dude. I’m not ******** at all. I’m just simply responding and resorting to what I think are sometimes silly and insolent complaints.

FWIW, all of your responses are really silly and annoying and make no sense at all in a thread that’s specifically here to give people a place to vent about the stuff that annoys them. You’re not answering any questions because people aren’t asking questions they’re just stating things they don’t like. At least in the last few pages, all I’ve seen from you is saying that you don’t like it when people say they don’t like things. It’s stupid.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife likes to keep her cars FOREVER so the warranty was a good investment for her. Me, I get bored with cars and rarely keep one more than 3 years so I don’t do the extended warranties. Idk if it’s just because it is a first year model, but we’ve had a lot of little issues, mostly electronic gremlins, with the Pacifica. It’s maxed out on options and is a fantastic vehicle when everything is working, but all the little stuff is annoying. I’d go into more detail, but it’s not a Ram so I don’t want to clog this up.....plus I don’t want to get ridiculed for complaining about things, lol.

Ah I see, yeah with these new vehicles and all their features, I really do think it's good thing to look into for long term owners. Nothing wrong with turning them in every 2-3 years either though, for the most part I feel like I've done pretty well doing this. Kind of a pain searching for a new one that often, especially when you're picky, but otherwise it's gone pretty well over my last 3 rams.

And haha yeah better play it safe around these parts.