What is on my windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laramielambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Since brand new, I havent been able to remove it with windex or any other similar product

It is a spray that left a film from the dealership. Probably something they do to freshen them up when the sell them. I can tell it is not meant to be part of the glass from the patterns if spray etc. doesnt feel sticky but it really bothers me that i cant have clean glass!

That and I am actually appaulled at how little effort the detailers at the car lots are allowed by the dealership to spend getting a customers vehicle ready.

I have horror stories about the "paint protection" scandal, the "undercoating" scandal and the scotchguarding or "leather protection" scandal.

I paid for those things but got none of it.

Actually, I will do another thread and link it back to stay on topic lol

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
For on glass, try using 0000 steel wool along with glass cleaner. I've done this cleaning road grime off of my windshields when new windshield wipers don't work as effective.

Mike R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Clay bar on windshield my work. Have used it to get off gunk from winter driving as well as dirt/oil from construction trucks that has accumulated over the months. Then use your window cleaner. Make to use water with clay bar and not spray wax, otherwise problem just multiplies.

Mike R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Forgot to mention, if residue on inside try Mr.Clean Magic eraser pad and then your window cleaner after drying windshield.

dabirdz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the out side, clay bar. In the inside use a quality glass cleaner with a good glass microfiber towel.