What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRam2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does any one know what this is? I heard a rattling noise and this was found on top of the transmission...20180930_015140.jpg

20180930_015150.jpg

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Looks like something that should be on the truck! Bracket maybe, idk but you should bring it back.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It looks exactly like some sort of jig/assembly aid of some sort with serial number.

OP
OP
R

RedRam2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After taking the truck to the dealership I was advised that it was a tool used at the manufacturing plant that was left on the truck.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Did they say what it’s used for?

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

OP
OP
R

RedRam2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I left it at the dealership. It is used somehow in the install of the transmission.

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet the guy that left it on there, went home “sick” that day he realized it was gone.

Then he can blame it on someone else.
I’m sure that’s not cheap or that they have those just sitting around as spares.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I'm sure it's great to know that it isn't a problem with the truck....howevuh (spoken like Andrew Dice Clay).....You should at least be compensated for having to take time out of your day (twice - drop off and pick up) and the fuel necessary to drive into their facility due to a mistake on FCA's part. I would write a letter to FCA and tell them you lost a day (or two's) wages because of this and that should, at the very least, be worth a free oil change, tire rotation and truck wash...

Dr. Jim

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what about all the Rams that came after yours on the assembly line. If they didn't have the tool, how were all the transmissions installed properly? Or were they....????

Siff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what about all the Rams that came after yours on the assembly line. If they didn't have the tool, how were all the transmissions installed properly? Or were they....????
They just shut down the plant after the only tool they had went missing./sarcasm

This appears to be, at most, a $50 tool; they probably break fairly often, and there are likely dozens of spares sitting around. They probably didn't even notice that this one was missing, which would explain how it made it all the way to the end buyer.

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The tool helps to align the Gonklin valve to the overdrive Fresnel sprocket, which couples the front antifreeze aperture to the rear drive assembly..

KentG

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 DT Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
The tool helps to align the Gonklin valve to the overdrive Fresnel sprocket, which couples the front antifreeze aperture to the rear drive assembly..

something like this right:

The original machine had a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-deltoid type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible tremmie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters.

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
And to think I thought it was a muffler bearing, wow its a tuboencabulator!