Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shine Armor

• Jay Leno Garage

• Surf City Garage

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those of us that wash our vehicles, I thought this might be a thread to help educate the beginners and a place to talk about what we use etc. I personally use Chemical Guys Extreme wash and wax, citrus wash, and Adams graphene wash. I have been thinking about giving Adams mega foam a shot next go round. I use a foam cannon hooked up to my pressure washer.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Whatever they use at the drive-thru car wash. Seriously, the weather is bad enough around here most of the time that most go to drive-thrus, esp. during winter months to get the salt brine off.

At home, when we do wash on occasion, we use the store pressure washer car soap. Don't recall the brand. Our pressure washer has a soap tank that you can set the spray want to and sprinkle on the soap.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Whatever they use at the drive-thru car wash. Seriously, the weather is bad enough around here most of the time that most go to drive-thrus, esp. during winter months to get the salt brine off.

At home, when we do wash on occasion, we use the store pressure washer car soap. Don't recall the brand. Our pressure washer has a soap tank that you can set the spray want to and sprinkle on the soap.
I understand the winters. I saw first hand how bad it is on paint. It ruined my licenses plate cover. I spent about 20 hours trying to get it back and that was just a one week event. Years and Years ago long before quality soaps were a thing I used blue coral to hand wash. It was really good back 25-30+ years ago. My dad used it the entire time I was growing up.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adams graphene shampoo for me!! I have only used it once, but the suds last forever. It only took a very small amount in the bucket and was plenty to do the entire truck.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Adams graphene shampoo for me!! I have only used it once, but the suds last forever. It only took a very small amount in the bucket and was plenty to do the entire truck.
I use it on my Charger. I have used it once. I am hoping to do try it again tomorrow on the Ram!

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I will add that we use NuFinish on occasion to restore surface finish and shine. It was rated #1 by Consumer Reports I believe a number of years back. I always have a bottle on the shelf in the shop.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i like the smell of the chemical guys **** suds.if i have to wash the truck i should get at least a little bit of enjoyment out of it. seriously it **** m@xi suds???
My kids love the way it smells lol!

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
I like the Adam's shampoo, and their wash and wax, but also use the Armor all wash and wax. The foam doesnt last as long as the Adam's but it work good.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the Adam's shampoo, and their wash and wax, but also use the Armor all wash and wax. The foam doesnt last as long as the Adam's but it work good.
Next time I need to order I will order adams just regular. I am slowly switching from Chemical guys stuff over. I just have certain expectations with the way things look especially on the interior. I like a bright shine and nothing comes close to the Chemical guys interior protectants.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I like the Chemical Guys soaps but I ran out. Need to get more.

I bought the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash & Wax and it's just MEH... Suds disappear in a jiffy. Won't purchase that again.

Gold Class is also a good soap that I have used many many times before. An old classic soap that for sure!

SJP_1809

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you like the hyper wash?
Honestly it's my favorite soap. It's hard to beat IMO, especially if you can find it on sale. I don't currently have any right now but when I run out of Reset, I plan on ordering some more Hyper-Wash.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Honestly it's my favorite soap. It's hard to beat IMO, especially if you can find it on sale. I don't currently have any right now but when I run out of Reset, I plan on ordering some more Hyper-Wash.
I use to religiously use Meguries soap. It is good stuff for sure.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I've been using the Adam's Mega Foam lately and like it. Combined with the Adam's 2.0 pressure washer and Adam's foam cannon it does a good job of breaking down a lot of dirt and bugs prior to a contact wash.

But, I only use it for foam. I prefer the TW Hybrid Ceramic wash for the contact wash. It has a lot of lubricity and adds another layer of protection.