Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shine Armor

• Jay Leno Garage

• Surf City Garage

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is a good soap to use on a ceramic treated paint
It doesn’t really matter once it’s ceramic coated. I mainly use chemical guys extreme ultimate wash, I do have adams mega foam, and my Charger only gets Adams ceramic wash. All three are good. I really like the extreme ultimate wash the best.

Attachments

• 2D51B93C-0643-40AA-B2D0-7348DEB9EDB5.jpeg
    2D51B93C-0643-40AA-B2D0-7348DEB9EDB5.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 12

bill-e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3l EcoDiesel 3rd Gen
You want to use a soap without any glossing additives or the like. Carpro Reset is just detergent and does not leave anything on the finish. A great way to use it is to wash with it and then use a detailer compatible with your coating as a drying aid to add a little extra protection. Really almost any SIO2 spray detailer will work well.

My truck is coated with Kenzo and I'm currently using IGL enhancer which isn't really SIO2 but once this bottle is done I've got a bottle of Pinnacle SIO2 spray that I'll be using as a drying agent. and topping it every quarter with IGL Premier.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Geez, I just go to the drive-thru wash. I can't reach the top of my 3/4 ton without a ladder, and I ain't doin' that at my age with slippery soap suds all over. That, and weather is crap here half the time anyway. Important thing here is to keep roadway salt flushed off the underbody in the winter when temperature is near and above freezing.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
You need to use a ph neutral shampoo on ceramic coated vehicles, if you don't you will eventually remove the coating over time ... Shampoos that are not ph neutral break down everything from dirt to bird droppings even ceramic coatings ....

Also keep in mind that if you have a ceramic coating on your vehicle, you don't need to scrub when washing, so a very light amount of any shampoo will work just by letting it sit there for a few minutes and you don't even have to scrub which is what you don't want to do anyways on a ceramic coated vehicle .... just let it sit for 2-3 minutes and rinse off ...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been using Griots Ceramic Wash & Coat since spring and it seems to be great stuff. Adds a bit of hydrophobic to the paint and cleans well. Doesn't create a lot of suds tho...

b8ascrub

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if anyone has tried this brand? Very big in the challenger community and personally one of my favorites ! Socalwax.

The socalwax wash followed up with the ceramic spray polish while the vehicle is wet makes the paint shine like crazy! No more buffering and polishing for hours!

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like and use the Meguair's Gold Class car wash.
Lots of sudzy suds and ph neutral. Smeels pretty good too. lol

bill-e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3l EcoDiesel 3rd Gen
Also keep in mind that if you have a ceramic coating on your vehicle, you don't need to scrub when washing, so a very light amount of any shampoo will work just by letting it sit there for a few minutes and you don't even have to scrub which is what you don't want to do anyways on a ceramic coated vehicle .... just let it sit for 2-3 minutes and rinse off ...

That has not been my experience. Even a coated vehicle needs to be touched lightly with a sponge to take off the dirt film. Perhaps with some colors it's difficult to see the film but it's not with black.

The only way to achieve a touchless wash is to use extreme pH cleaning agents to release the dirt (Like a Touchless Car wash does) but as you stated above, that will damage your coating

If you know of a safe soap that does what you claim, please post it here as I would love to use it in the winter.

Last edited:

Not A Cop

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Honestly I use what is cheap and foams up. I use a pressure washer, so anything that foams will cause some hydrophobic action.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Griots Ceramic Wash. Hands down the best out there. But $$$

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i find a mild dish soap works the best!
i wash mine either early morning or evening so the sheet metal is cool wet the vehicle put mild dish soap in bucket with water and a soft wash mit wash from top to bottom wash roof and galss rinse and move down wash side rinse then move to other side then front rinse and last rear then dry with soft towel or good shame and dry inside door jams and under hood trunk and or tail gate and rims !
but hey thats just me the way i do it

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Dish soap will stripe the waxes off the car finish. Zaino recommends to use Dawn dish soap during a wash to strip the waxes off before applying their waxes. I use Blue Coral brad Westley's.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i used chemical guys max suds grape scented to clean/powerwash my outdoor carpets a couple days ago,now my mudroom smells like grapes.never using carpet cleaner on them again.