What kind of brakes do I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lori Meyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a 2006 Ram 3500 dually and it needs new rotors and pads in the rear.

I have been given 3 different prices from different mechanics, but the last one told me that the price depends on whether the brakes can be pulled right off or if they have to be taken apart.

He said that the 2006 trucks were made with 2 different types of rear brakes.

Does anyone have a similar truck and shed some light on what kind of brakes I have?

Thank you so much.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As far as I know they're just the standard rotors with internal drums for the e-brake. Brake prices from shops vary widely though depending on what parts they are supplying as well as their parts mark up and labor rates. The rear are more work than the front so expect them to cost more. I had a 2006 3500 srw only though so I can't be certain, but I looked up rotors on rock auto for it and they only show one style and they're listed for both srw and drw applications.

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
MotorCity Mechanic shows his 2007 in youtube 2003-2015 Dodge Ram 3500 rear brake rotors and pads.