What maintenance am I missing - 227k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TorqueWagon

Reaction score
Westmost point in the contiguous United States
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I am looking for some sage advice and expert knowledge from y'all. My 1-ton RAM 6.7 CTD has been a great truck and she's gettin' up there in miles. The old gal is really doing well for 227,000 miles. I use it for errands and light remodel/repair work on apartments but I also do quite a bit of towing of my travel trailer. It weighs about 8,000 lbs loaded 17,000 lbs in total, ~30 trips/year which is about 15k miles just for that, 25k/year total. I do all the book maintenance, but I am wondering if you have any suggestions of what MORE to do, look for, as preventative maintenance. I hate breaking down on the road. I want reliable. I am going to try to take this rig to about 500k miles. Ideas about what I can inspect or do to make this truck break-down proof? For example, I do all the undercarriage lube hitting all the zerks, but should I be worried about wheel bearings at this mileage? Are they sealed no maint? what else can you recommend I check or look at? Thanks folks!

Last edited:

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You probably already know this, but if it's 4wd don't forget that front drive line needs greasing on a regular basis. I'm over 250K on the odometer and everything works. Take care of the small stuff too.